Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 10:41 PM

Default Nre

I've noticed something interesting about my own thought patterns, I was just wondering how common this is.

I already know that I can be attracted to multiple people, both romantically and sexually, but I CANNOT have NRE for two people at once.

It doesn't make sense to me, but if I meet two girls in a short period of time, the NRE I felt for the first one will always disappear as soon as I meet the second one (who I will then be crazy about, even when I still like the first one very much).

This has happened a number of times now, and I wonder if anyone has similar experiences?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:17 PM

I find that NRE comes and goes depending on who I'm with and who I'm talking to at the time. Right now I'm heavy in the throes of it with my new long-distance guy, but there's another guy at my office who has been kind of dancing around with me a little bit (and we're not even going to talk about office romances right now) ... and just depending on where I am and who I'm talking to, I can get giddy over either of them.

It is kind of an interesting thing, though, isn't it?
Old 01-15-2010, 12:01 AM

Wow, interesting thought. I seem to have NRE for Mono all the time, even after a year, whereas my husband, Nerdist, I have NRE over when I have spent a good long time away from him and we actually get quality time together talking and enjoying an activity together. Most of our life is the daily runnings stuff of looking after a child, house, car, finances, job... not much NRE in that, but I welcome our moments of it when I rediscover him after a long period of just being together. With Mono my NRE comes from our relationship being about just being together. I get NRE when I am about to see him to do something special. I also have NRE with both of them together at this point as I feel most happy when we are all together. I feel like I am home and have NRE over that feeling. I don't know if it's NRE over the situation or them as an entity together...? good question for me to answer there I think. I tend to really feel safe and warm when they are together as if they are a unit. Much as I would over our couple friends. Those kinds of friends that I can't imagine spending time with apart as their energy is that of a team... does that make sense? I have NRE over the "team" of Mono and Nerdist somehow...
Old 01-15-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I have NRE over the "team" of Mono and Nerdist somehow...

I'm kinda like Robin to his Batman

NRE has a different meaning for me, Lilo - Never Resting Excitement! You drive me crazy!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 01-15-2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I'm kinda like Robin to his Batman
Don't the tights make your legs itch?

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 01-15-2010, 01:31 AM

i currently have it for 2 people at same time but both energy feels diffrent though equally intense,

with long term partner,
the NRE has changed into a deeper yet somewhat calmer energy that is constant and something i value greatly,

i guess every relationship is unique i just enjoy them for there indavidual qualitys

Jools
Old 01-15-2010, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
Don't the tights make your legs itch?
Not as much as my Roman Catholic hair shirt....now that is itchy!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 01-16-2010, 09:54 PM

thanks for the responses. It's interesting how every person is unique, just like every relationship.

Tags
nre