Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 09:20 AM

We would be interested in connecting with everyone, we're going to keep an eye on this thread.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:34 PM

Default Hopeful

We are hoping many people are interested in meeting everyone. There is a social group here for Pittsburgh but it is open to everyone in interested.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:27 AM

Default another Pittsburgher

Hello all,
Me and My wife are newer to Polyamory. We had one Polyfidelty type relationship thus far. We actually met her at a pagan herbal class. Unfortunetly we ended it with her due to some gold digging. But until the finacial mayhem we did great . Me and My wife realized how strong and trusting we are of each other. So long story short we back on the hunt so to speak, and hope to make some poly friends along the way here in the Keystone.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:36 PM

Hubby and I are close to NW PA and like to travel. We are a very strong couple who have been together for over 20 years. We like to meet new people and have fun. We don't really drink or party but like to camp and play cards.

We've only had one relationship and we're looking to try again.

Sorsha
Old 03-06-2013, 04:53 PM

Sigh...wish we were all just a bit closer together!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:14 PM

Sorsha,
It sounds as though we have some similar interests. We don't do partying and I drink very rarely; he not at all. We enjoy playing cards and traveling as well.

Swim,
I couldn't agree with that statment more!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:07 PM

There needs to be a "like" button on the forum

Sorsha
Old 03-13-2013, 12:24 AM

Default Pittsburgh Poly Couple Waves Hello

Hi there folks,

Finding this forum today has been a freekin' GODSEND, seriously, I nearly cried to see this whole thread of folks in our state who are like us. My guy and I tried mono and it didn't work for us...now that we've opened up, things couldn't be better between us (he in his own place and me in mine). The problem, though, is finding like-minded folks who don't judge us, let alone close friends we can become involved with. We just don't even know where to start.

He is SWM 32, straight, I am SWF, 42, bi. We want to form an equilateral triangle (she would NOT be our pet or our toy!!) with a woman but are also open to swinging with couples, where the ladies are both bi and the men are both straight. At this point, he sees me and one other lady (who sees nobody but him), he is my only guy and I also see girls. Our ultimate situation, again, would be a triad with another lady where we are equal with each other and can pair up separately or love all together.

We are clean, honest, kind, open, and honorable. We are goth/geek folks, both good-looking BBW's who are proud of our talents in and outside the bedroom. I like to think we are cool and funny. We love movies, video games, fine food, wine, and adventures. We like to describe ourselves as pirates.

If any of you would like to befriend us, we are very open. If you have advice on how we can get hooked in locally (Pittsburgh) with like-minded people, that would be AMAZING.

Seriously...I am nearly in tears to have found this site because while my guy and I are sooooo happy with the rules we're living by, we feel kind of isolated having only changed our relationship last month and not knowing how to meet up with like-minded folks. Thank you SO MUCH in advance, anyone who reaches out.

Last edited by PyrateGal; 03-13-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:43 PM

Default Poly near Pittsburgh?!

Amazing! My husband and I have been searching for this group. We are a poly couple in SW PA, close-ish to WV. Although we're both young (24 & 25), I've always known I identified as poly. I spent so long trying to explain it to relationship after relationship, only to be told what I was talking about was cheating or swinging. We were an equilateral triangle most recently, but unfortunately our third met a girl who was not open to poly and he decided to pursue that relationship instead. I'm finding that it is nearly impossible to meet people like us in this area, even more so because we have a son and we have to be careful who we get to know. I'm so glad to have finally found a group of people who get it and if something gets set up in the Pittsburgh area we'd be glad to come out for it!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:37 PM

Default Exactly

The sentiments expressed by everyone in Western PA reflect exactly how we feel. Isolated and with no one who really understands. Can't be open with all our freinds and have very little opportunity to socialized openly without people freaking out that one of us is looking at someone, or worse yet, that the other is supportive LOL.....
We are invested in building the poly community in Western PA, but we need help. We started a group for us here under community called Pittsburgh Polyamory. Please join us and spread the word. It should only take a few of us to get organized and build a support group for all of us who are feeling isolated.
I just cannot understand why none of the previous groups are still active when so many in our area are seeking support.

We are very much looking forward to the day when Pittsburgh Poly is an active and supportive community.