Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-20-2011, 05:08 AM

Smile intetesting conversation

My parents(M & P) have been told about my triad. I gave them websites to use to help them understand it better. I had no clue if they looked up or read anything further on it. Since telling them about my relationship I have mentioned my partners in conversation just like I would if I were in a typical mono relationship.

From time to time one of them, usually P, will ask a question about my relationship, and I will answer them honestly and openly. Tonight however was different. I was talking with P, when ask to further explain exactly what type of relationship I have. M answered, explaining I am in a poly-fi triad, and further explained what a poly-fi triad is. Well this brought up more questions, that I was more than willing to answer. Only M answered most of them for me.

It was nice to know that they are trying to better understand me and my life. It was especially nice to know that M has apparently being doing a good bit of research, and seems to be getting it. It put me much more at ease and has me eager to take another step and introduce my partners to them. I'm not rushing it, but going to let my parents take this at their pace and hopefully one day I can bring them all together.

Now, I'm glad we are out to our parents. This is helping to bring me and my parents closer together. This is not a benefit I was expecting from being poly.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:11 PM

That sounds absolutely marvelous!

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:14 PM

I am so happy for you! Your parents sound like amazing, understanding people.

Tags
coming out