Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 12-25-2011, 08:29 AM

Default Just found this great site

Hi everyone I am pparma
I am in triad relationship with another man and a wonderful woman. We both share our loving lady and are both straight, they are legally married and I am the third. We all live together in Washington State and have a wonderful family. We have been together for over two years and I still find myself getting jealous but have found that talking about it has helped me a a lot. This is my first experience with being poly and I have enjoyed every moment of it.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pparma View Post
Hi everyone I am pparma
I am in triad relationship with another man and a wonderful woman. We both share our loving lady and are both straight, they are legally married and I am the third. We all live together in Washington State and have a wonderful family. We have been together for over two years and I still find myself getting jealous but have found that talking about it has helped me a a lot. This is my first experience with being poly and I have enjoyed every moment of it.
Hi and welcome!

Just a technical point re common understanding of certain poly terminology - if you are straight and therefore not involved sexually or romantically with the other man, your lady's husband, then you are in a Vee, not a Triad. She would be the hinge or anchor of the Vee and each man is an arm. If you were in a Triad, you and he would also be involved.

Looking forward to hearing more from you...

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/
Old 12-25-2011, 07:47 PM

Thank you for the correction I posted that prior to reading the discussion thread on poly terms you are correct we are in a vee relationship