Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsten View Post
The LDR thing is hard, and we haven't had a lot of in-person time yet.
Boy do I hear you on that! TGIB and I have been a LDR for over a year, with less than 3 weeks together in person. Luckily we knew each other for years online so not all communication was difficult. I think going slowly and not wanting to push too hard is good, if potentially frustrating.

Good luck and have fun!!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:53 AM

I've enjoyed reading your blog, hope you have a good trip! I'm exited to hear how the connection between you and Aurora feels again when you're there. I've been in an LDR with Mya since the beginning, so not unfamiliar with building a relationship with the distance.

One thing I'd like to comment about non-verbal communication, and reading it. I'm one of those people who have that fantastic skill. Not so much because of any healthy reasons, but because I needed that growing up. And you know, it's not always a good thing. If you are really good at knowing how the other person feels without them needing to tell you it has the consequence that they never need to tell you how they feel. That is a really good way to create a dynamic, where you suddenly have almost all responsibility of the communication (i.e. you read him, try to guess how he feels and what he thinks, then try to get the conversation going). So, maybe the best thing is not for you and Drew to have Aurora as a translator, perhaps it is better that he is now expected to communicate verbally what he feels... It may be difficult for you both first, but it may lead to a better outcome. What do you think?

Tags
ldr, triad