Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Meetings and Events

Notices

Old 08-28-2011, 04:07 AM

Default Wanted: Research Participants for a Poly Discussion Group in Berkeley, CA

Hi, everyone! I have lurked on polyamory.com for quite some time. I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in this:

I am a graduate student in Art Therapy and Marriage and Family Therapy at Notre Dame de Namur University, in the Northern California Bay Area. I am inviting people who are currently practicing or identify as polyamorous to join me in a research study as part of my MA thesis in psychology and art therapy. I am polyamorous myself which is why this particular topic is important to me.

The research study takes the form of a focus group, which is a meeting of people to discuss a particular topic, in this case, what it is like to be polyamorous, with an emphasis on discussing what family is. The focus group will last about two hours. It is scheduled from 2pm-4pm in Berkeley, CA, on Saturday, September 10th. The location will be given to participants after you've contacted me, but know that it is within easy walking distance from the BART.

It's going to be fun! There will be food, we'll do an art project, we'll talk about what it's like to be poly and what family means to you. If this sounds like something you’d like to participate in, please respond by messaging me your contact information, or emailing me at alizarinstorm@gmail.com. Please feel free to ask me any questions regarding the study.

Thanks!
P.S. You'll get my real name & contact info once I know you're interested in participating =)
Old 09-07-2011, 07:05 PM

Very cool! I wish I could participate. I'm an art therapist too. Excellent thesis idea.

I host a calendar site with a calendar from your area. Maybe that would help? You can find it by searching for polyeventsallover.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:30 AM

Thanks! I actually have found nine participants already, so I'm pretty set. You're an art therapist? so many questions! Incoming message...