Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirlInGray View Post
I agree with Keith, but my mono hubby has had a number of dreams lately involving me, him, TGIB, TGIB's (hypothetical) gf, and another couple, and I think THEY'RE hilarious so I suppose I could be biased!
Well, thanks. Apparently odd dreams are in the air, right now... lol How does Mono feel about your reaction to his dreams? I must say that I love that there is a hypothetical girlfriend for TGIB and another couple in the dream.. That's pretty complex!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:08 AM

He says, "It's fine. You think they're hilarious, not ridiculous. You also hope they're prophetic!" (which is true!)

And, also, I think it's important to note that he might think they're weird dreams himself, but he's not bothered by them or my reaction would be quite different. Sorry, I didn't mean to make light of your reaction to your own dreams, if it came off that way!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:34 PM

Eh.. I just found it odd. If other people find humor in it, then I'm glad to bring a little more joy to the world. lol
Old 03-01-2012, 04:48 AM

Stress stinks... Keith tried to get off work on Friday to help me finish stuff up around here before his family comes to help us load up on Saturday, but they're understaffed so he couldn't get it off. I also have stomach ulcers which have decided to flare. Honestly, I'm thankful that it's taken them this long!

I'm getting more nervous about meeting people once the move is done... Keith will be working nights, so our time together with be rather limited and I'm often more shy alone than I am with a friend. I did get invited to a women's wine tasting group dealio, though, so I'm excited for that since I RSVP'd in the heat of the moment and didn't have time to second guess myself.

Keith and I have also decided to go vegetarian again. We've done it before, but then my parents gave us half a cow (they raised it on the farm and butchered it) so we stopped. We obviously have no ethical reasons for vegetarianism, we just kind of like it. I generally feel better and more energetic when I eat alternative forms of protein instead of meat so I suppose that is reason enough!

Tomorrow is my last "alone time" with Fiona before the move (I put it in quotes because there really won't be much alone time between having her kid around before bedtime and then Mario getting home). Our relationship has already mostly shifted back to the friend zone with minimal physical contact and no real conversation. Since she never plans on making any attempt at all to visit in Oregon and when Keith and I come back to Indiana we'll be busy with family, I doubt we'll ever really see each other again except perhaps in a group setting if she and Mario continue hanging out with my sister and her husband. Woohoo for anticlimactic endings to relationships!! lol I can't complain. At least there's been no awkward falling out or a pretense that we could keep a LDR going.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:51 PM

24 hours until I have to be out of our apartment.... I'm afraid some stuff is going to end up just thrown into the back of Keith's parents' truck to get it out of here... lol Oh, well. As long as the stuff we want to take to Oregon with us is separate from what we're getting rid of, good enough!

Last night was terrible. I spent a majority of the time being ignored while Fiona gave into every whim of her 2 year old.

I've almost convinced Keith to upgrade to a roomette on the train ride so that I won't go crazy from lack of privacy/space. I think it'll be a much easier trip if we can choose when we want to be around others (by going to the dining car or something) and when we want to be alone (by staying in our roomette). I get a little claustrophobic now and then in large groups so I really think it'll make me more comfortable.

I've also been talking to a guy from Portland already on OKCupid... I don't know that he's a romantic possibility, but he could become a good friend, which will be desperately needed in a new city. He is also married, and his wife sent me a quick message the other day although she apparently does not spend much time online. She also seems very nice and told me about a couple of groups she knows of that get together fairly regularly which was awesome of her.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:20 AM

Default Oregon!!

Well, we made it. The train trip was lovely. My only regret is that i failed to exchange contact info with this awesome couple we met on board. They were from minnesota and both men were in their 40s, so i suppose the long term friendship potential was probably low, but we all enjoyed our lunch, dinner, and wine tasting that we sat together for immensely.

Oregon seems great. I'm excited to figure out my transportation deal so that I can get out and about without worrying about when keith will need the truck to get to work. People seem friendly, and we are planning to start attending a nearby uuchurch, so hopefully friends will come quickly!

I've only talked to mario/fiona a couple of times since leaving indy and always by text, no actual phone calls. It pretty much fizzled as soon as i left, as expected. I did find myself missing the sensation of lying down, my head on fiona's lap while she played with my hair, which kind of surprised me. Whether it is the person or just the closeness in general that i long for, I'm not sure.

Is pursuing another relationship something i want?
Is it possible to find a woman that I could see myself being with long term?
How do i go from living fairly closeted to being open (with myself and others) that yes, i am bi/pansexual, open to casual sex, AND very interested in the possibility of falling in love with another?

Sometimes i don't even know who i am anymore, and now is the time to figure it all out.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:42 PM

My main love language is quality time. I'm not surprised.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:30 PM

Virtually met a man... Meaning we've only exchanged emails (he found me on another forum). He's married, not poly but interested in theory but probably not practice, his wife knows we're talking. I'm fairly certain it won't lead anywhere romantic, but we have a lovely, flirty chit chat going on about everything from him questioning me about my relationship history (swinging, open relationship, poly - all intriguing ) to work rants to random events going on in the city. He's significantly older than I am (15 years-ish). We've been talking off and on for a few days, and he has dropped hints that he'd like to meet for coffee sometime soon.

I miss having someone who contacts me at random just to see how I'm doing and what's up so this cyber-friendship is lovely so far.

Keith and I are also going to the local poly meetup tonight! We'll only get to stay for about an hour since he works nights, but at least we can go. If it seems like a good group of people, I'm sure we'll devise a system that lets me stay longer even if he has to leave early. It's a good day.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:33 PM

Keith and I went to the poly meetup... It was us and 5 other people, all who had kids our age. ha.. It was only slightly awkward since we are fairly new to the idea of polyamory AND neither of us are in any other sort of relationship at the moment, they felt it okay to sit there and lecture us for much of the hour that we were there. They were all very nice, and when they WEREN'T going off on some Pagan or Poly tangent, we had very good conversation, but unless I see the RSVP list expanding a bit, we won't be returning.

One of the ladies and I did have a good time talking about all the crazy reality shows - 19 kids, Sister Wives, Jon and Kate.. It was nice to just chat with people.

When asked how we "discovered poly" or something to that effect, Keith mentioned that we'd been swinging/in an open relationship for years... They just stared. Only the woman who facilitates the meetings would even meet our eyes when we brought it up. So, I think I'm going to stick to the swinging community to find friends (they seem to be much more open to OTHER alternative lifestyles), and possibly attend the poly events if/when I find myself in a more complex arrangement. Possibly.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:27 AM

An annoying breed, the one twue polys. Sorry you ran into that sort of nonsense.