Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 09-18-2013, 10:24 PM

Scat is now against the TOU of Fet (used to not be so there are older mentions in places). Basically scat, bestiality, incest, and anything underage is not allowed on Fet.

It is a good learning place if you are curious about things.

A question I thought of. Does anyone here, either from personal or knowing someone who has, know much about people using aspects of BDSM for a therapy almost of some sort? One of the things Seven and I had talked about was possibly eventually doing knife play to help get my head to stop connecting the feeling of scratching/cutting of something to do when I'm depressed.
Merry: Tig's wife/slave
NT: Merry's boyfriend/owner
Elle: NT and Merry girlfriend
Umbra: Elle's Dom
Pet: Umbra's slave/wife, Elle girlfriend
Domo: Pet's submissive
Old 09-18-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Go ahead and join Fetlife. It's a place where you can read threads galore on just about any kink you can imagine (I think scat and pedos aren't welcome, though I have heard scat mentioned..). It's kind of like Facebook for kinky people.
You mean it's a place where people are censored without their permission: their photos deleted, their posts edited, and their groups disbanded?~

A place with almost nothing to do?~

A place that brings out the worst in people?~

Did you mean "like Facebook" in that way?~
Old 09-18-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CattivaGattina View Post
Scat is now against the TOU of Fet (used to not be so there are older mentions in places). Basically scat, bestiality, incest, and anything underage is not allowed on Fet.

It is a good learning place if you are curious about things.

A question I thought of. Does anyone here, either from personal or knowing someone who has, know much about people using aspects of BDSM for a therapy almost of some sort? One of the things Seven and I had talked about was possibly eventually doing knife play to help get my head to stop connecting the feeling of scratching/cutting of something to do when I'm depressed.
A Cat Scratching Post?~ I'm serious.~
Old 09-18-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CattivaGattina View Post

I thought that was one of the main points of BDSM... therapy. Have you read http://www.amazon.com/The-Bottoming-...pr_product_top
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 09-19-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
A Cat Scratching Post?~ I'm serious.~
You really aren't getting it. I think you would be better off doing some research at FetLife and other kink sites before making glib comments like that when someone posts with a serious question about a serious issue. I am not really a kinkster, but curious about it, and whenever I have come to this thread with questions and given my opinions on things, I've always done so with respect. I would recommend you do the same, because your last two posts in this thread didn't come across as nice, respectful, or even seriously curious.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 09-19-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
You really aren't getting it. I think you would be better off doing some research at FetLife and other kink sites before making glib comments like that when someone posts with a serious question about a serious issue. I am not really a kinkster, but curious about it, and whenever I have come to this thread with questions and given my opinions on things, I've always done so with respect. I would recommend you do the same, because your last two posts in this thread didn't come across as nice, respectful, or even seriously curious.
Agreed.

ColorWolf, if you don't get it, learn, if you don't like it, don't watch. Its kinda like most things.. I don't understand christians or the US militarys' mandates. I don't go passive agressively bashing those two things at every turn. I did my time trying to figure it all out, it still doesn't make sense to me, so I have stepped away.

Don't be disrespectful to those of in that community. It would be like someone coming onto the poly forum, not quite understanding poly and mocking it in every way.

Not cool.

and please, don't complain about being misunderstood again. You aren't.. (for the record in communication half the communication is the sender, it is your responsibility to be understood, this doesn't mean to say sorry, it means to ensure you are clear and concise within the power of your language)
Old 09-19-2013, 02:14 AM

CW.. your recent comments are quite disrespectful.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:47 AM

I find all your recent comments as disrespectful, it's all about interpretation right?~

I said what I said about Facebook-comparisons because I have had very bad experiences with Facebook, it nearly tore my family apart and in some ways it did.~

My words simply formed into questions, because I regard Facebook as one regards a very potent poison: careful and avoiding.~

My last comment about the scratching post I meant quite literally, because I thought that's what was desired.~

If one does not desire an item to scratch and would prefer flesh as in during sex, then please make it known as so.~

There is no need to attack me, believe it or not I am not most of the time looking for a fight.~
Old 09-19-2013, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
I thought that was one of the main points of BDSM... therapy. Have you read http://www.amazon.com/The-Bottoming-...pr_product_top
I haven't. I'll look and see if it's on half.com for a price I can afford (or if the local sex+ coffee shop has it in their library)
Merry: Tig's wife/slave
NT: Merry's boyfriend/owner
Elle: NT and Merry girlfriend
Umbra: Elle's Dom
Pet: Umbra's slave/wife, Elle girlfriend
Domo: Pet's submissive
Old 09-19-2013, 07:25 AM

Oh my-what a day huh?

I have found it therapeutic. Not for cutting-I don't do knife play.
But addressing emotional residual issues due to a prior violent encounter & also my phobia of water/suffocation.

Tags
bdsm, d/s, dominant, fetishes, metamours, poly, relationships, sex play, submissive