Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 06:57 AM

Lemon-you are so sweet, and such a worrier.

Maybe the mod is busy? I don't know, but if they can't accept who you REALLY ARE, then you wouldn't want to be dealing with them anyway. You know?

I'm SO glad that Mon was able to put that in a way that made sense for you. I read what he wrote and it's so clearly meaningful to me too.

I just don't really care what people call me.

Somewhere on here there is a thread about what do you label yourself or some such and I think I wrote (my only post to that thread) something along the lines of nothing or whatever I feel like.

I think that it's important to remind ourselves the the purpose of labels is to express a concept to someone else. Therefore the label itself has to be one that we and they have a mutual understanding of in regards to what the heck it means-or we aren't communicating the concept to them that we intended ANYWAY.

Poly-D/s-BDSM-sexuality, it's all alike in that the definitions can be WAY different to different people, so it's helpful to talk about the details behind what you mean to ensure that you and they have the same idea of meaning prior to using the labels.

When I'm talking to "new people" I generally just tell them "this is my family, Maca, GG, Mimi, kids". Because trying to use a word, can be confusing. Once we've established a common understanding then I can identify each of those people in regards to their relationship to me.

Likewise in regards to "new people" asking me why I do some action that they find odd, which is a D/s thing in my life, I just tell them, "M and I have an agreement." If they are around long enough and become close enough to warrant a deeper understanding or knowledge, then I will explain to them that this is part of our D/s relationship. How far the explanation goes-depends upon how pertinent it is. GENERALLY-it's not very pertinent at all to them, it's just between Him and I. But-for example, some things are quite pertinent to GG, so he has access to ALL of that information and WHY.

Keep asking questions my friend, I think it helps keep the rest of our minds working!
AND
I really enjoy talking with you!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:59 PM

I'm having coffee with a couple of the members of the BDSM support group tomorrow, and then we're planning on attending the meet and greet Friday night. Asha has agreed to go, though I'm still frightened that Sunday will react badly. I don't know quite how to tell him.

Anyway, I have a quick, silly question. I like it when Easy bites me. {blush} I have bruises, most of which are easy to hide, but some of them are on my neck. Anyone have advice for hiding them? I'm getting some flak for being "juvenile" because "only teenagers have hickies". I know I shouldn't listen, but...I'm embarrassed. But don't get me wrong, if it's a choice between giving it up or being embarrassed, I pick embarrassed any day...just, I wonder if I can have my cake and eat it too?
Old 09-22-2010, 08:23 PM

Turtle necks or scarfs! I have never been able to cover hickies with makeup.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:40 PM

Wear them proud. ...
Old 09-22-2010, 08:52 PM

For all of you who know more about this than I do, I've seen a bunch of pictures where clothespins have been put on people pinching their skin. My question is doesn't that lead to lack of circulation and tissue death? How do you know how long you can leave them on for without them causing you to lose a nipple? (The nurse in me needs to know).
Old 09-22-2010, 08:52 PM

...Blushing and embarassment is half the fun,.......
Old 09-22-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
For all of you who know more about this than I do, I've seen a bunch of pictures where clothespins have been put on people pinching their skin. My question is doesn't that lead to lack of circulation
Yes, that's the point. There's intense pleasure when they are taken off and blood flow returns.

Quote:
and tissue death? How do you know how long you can leave them on for without them causing you to lose a nipple? (The nurse in me needs to know).
20 mins max
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 09-22-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjast View Post
...Blushing and embarassment is half the fun,.......
Hows your neck? Fully healed yet...mine sure isn't ...

I enjoy hickies, since we are on the topic. I love tearing into skin, biting and especially sensitive spots like inner thighs and the neck. Unfortunately the neck is a spot that everyone sees. I don't know why or how this taboo got started about hickies but they represent passion, lust and a good ole fucking to me. I usually see hickies and know that person has had a damn good time.

Anyways, I know they aren't usually for public consumption, but I have a difficult time NOT giving them.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:18 PM

Rawr
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 09-22-2010, 09:22 PM

Ariakas : Nope,..Definetly not healed. I imagine the hickey on you might take a long time to leave.

Derbylicious : Magdalyn is right, 20 mins max. A lot depends on the type of clothespin, the tension, the air temperature vs body temperature, etc.

Tags
bdsm, d/s, dominant, fetishes, metamours, poly, relationships, sex play, submissive