Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 10:48 PM

My rule is that anyone I add on facebook has to be part of my real life... either as a real life friend or family member, or as an online friend that I talk to frequently.

I don't like having people on the list that I no longer am in contact with.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:30 AM

Honestly I have to be able to corrilate your "name" with at least one other thing I do. Sometimes I add people if they ask for one of my games, but in order to get into Leigh's FB Club you have to prove she knows you, (and doesn't hate you.) It's pretty simple... People from here, for instance, could talk to me & obtain my FB ID then friend me with a reminder that I know them from here & they can be my friend.
Before any of you do this you need to make sure you really want to know how GOD AWFUL BORING my life truely is and how much time I spend on FB on any given day...
Well so YOU ALL may not want to, but anyway...
Old 09-07-2010, 11:07 AM

Know what I did? I made 2 accounts...one for people I know in RL, and one for people I know in the virtual world. I should have done it a lot sooner, but, oh, well.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:11 PM

Wink facebook

I am on facebook i talk to family and friends on there who dont know most of my other life most dont accept me for who i am now they wont accept my separation nor our divorce even though its been a year they are not accepting but a few of my poly friends are on my facebook we talk private and are respectful of each other but its one of the ways we keep in touch but as i say we are repectful enough to know not all are open to our lifestyle choices.

kym
if anyone wishes to add me to face book you can message me private and i will gladly add you to my facebook page.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:54 AM

I just deleted my facebook account so my toxic bitch sister, can find nothing out about me. Anyone I truly care about knows how to get to me. She however, abused the privildge to know anything about my life.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:19 AM

I'm on Facebook quite frequently... almost all of my friends I know IRL or have become friends with online previous to adding then on FB. There are a couple of people I don't know outside FB in my friends list, mostly because they proved to be a favourable combination of amusing and intelligent when I interrogated them about why they want to friend a complete stranger.

Atomic Tangerine - Guitar and amp blog.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:54 PM

My facebook is almost entirely poly now. That's exciting to me! The more the merrier. I hide a bit, but those that have objected have de-friended. At least I think they have because of that. Actually most of the people on there I don't talk to. I like seeing their up dates etc. but other than that, life goes on... I certainly never feel alone!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:00 PM

Default facebook friends

i love facebook i dont play farmville or that sort but its a nice place to keep up with current events with famiily and now with my new poly family too so it will be interesting too see what happens i know some have had problems with facebook but so far i have not had a single problem on there myspace now thats a different story all together

yahoo way different topic but then again the internet is a strange place but in so maniy ways its good and bad but with out it how would we find each other.

I know for a long time i have felt so alone and isolated now maybe i wont thanks to finding this list and some other sites and i am going to the poly tampa meeting this sunday so hoping to put faces to some of the ones I have met here maybe make a friend or two.

Kym
Old 09-25-2010, 12:31 AM

I'll add most people to Facebook. A lot of them are old classmates that I no longer talk to, but I like to see updates (who married who, who bought a house, who had a baby, etc.) and on rare occasions I will comment on them or ask them how they are. Another chunk are people I know online, most of which I keep decent contact with. Then there are the people that are my IRL friends now.

I don't add people I don't know from somewhere.

But if anyone here wants to add me there, I'd be all for it... Just be sure to put in the add that you're from here. http://www.facebook.com/MsKtty89

I do not play Farmville, Mafia Wars, or any of those other things, so you guys know.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:58 AM

I have 4 types of people on my list

1. People I know in real life (and don't absolutely hate... well some of them I just don't hate 'much' lol)
2. People I know from various online sites who I befriended.
3. Sublebrities from youtube, and other people who I talk to about their videos.
4. People who I have mutual friends with, who posts interesting things.

I can at least say where I know each person from, except for 2, who seem to have just appeared on my list, but I see no reason to remove... yet.

Tags
facebook, friends