Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 11-25-2011, 02:26 PM

thank you SchrodringersCat, you raised some really good question.

I failed to mention that when I told him that I needed more from him I also ended our relationship, because i knew it wasn't fair to him, to me and to our friendship, so I set him free. I knew going in that he didn't not want a Girlfriend and the moment i realized that I was in love with him it just made things really difficult for me. I didn't want to put him in a position where he was tip toeing around my feelings trying not to hurt me.

I think his fear is from not being able to live up to my expectations. I have two children and i'm a very family oriented person. I guess he sees me as the good girl next door that needs a good husband and house and a white picket fence. Which i have come to realize I don't.

He has said before that he has never married because he knows he can't be faithful and he would never want to hurt anyone. So I think he fear is more about not being able to keep his pants up. i think he is somewhat of an Ethical Slut.

Like i said this is VERY new to me. I just stumbled upon this and your post has helped me so much.
We are both Mono and never been in a poly relationship, but i can see us both getting what we need in order keep this relationship.
We have talked about having a threesome and are both very open to the idea. I don't have an issue with him looking at other women, actually we both love looking at other women. I love that we are so open and this is something we can share and he doesn't think I'm a freak.

he is currently away on business. i sent him an email asking him if he knew what Polyamory was. gave him a quick description and said that i would like to talk about it when he got back.

I will take your suggestion/advise and will talk things over with him.
I'm very excited about this and hope he feels the same way.

Tags
agreements, autonomy, boundaries, boundary negotiations, casual sex, communication, foundation, foundations, freedom, lessons, rules, sex, swinging