Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzish View Post
Philadelphia has a few poly meetup events and a lot of poly-folk running around in the party/edm scene. It's at the point where going out on a weekend means running into the same faces, and a lot of people in open relationships are close friends and spend a lot of time in very loving friendships with each other. (probaby a circle of 15-25 people that are all dating or not-dating or involved in some way with each other.) It's definitely less heteronormative and less sex-focused than the swinger scene. I've had a small problem finding proper kinksters, though. I wonder where they're hiding?
Philly's poly community has been this way since the mid 90's. I went to a meetup once but it was not for me. I should try another but being a Mom to two special needs kids who works nights hampers this. would love to go to the karaoke at tabu....
Old 11-21-2011, 06:46 AM

I go to poly events because I like to be in an environment where I am completely myself and understood in terms of my relationship dynamic. I enjoy diversity and all it brings at poly events. I love seeing who is there, who is new and learning about people who are not like me in other ways.

I create a lot of events for my city and when I do I base them around what I want to do with people. Sometimes because someone has asked for an event to occur. I have found throughout my life that I have to make what I want happen.

Our family events are not about poly talk but about creating community by being together and bringing our kids together. It creates normalcy for them and helps them build their own community. There are enough events where open discussion occurs. People monitor themselves when kids are around and take their discussion and open sexuality to other events. There is room for all kinds of events because there is all kinds of poly.

Any one want to be a calendar admin on the calendar site linked below in my sig? Mono and I are looking for more poly people who create events to join. If you host events that you want people to find out about publicly without having your name attached publicly, then please message me.

Last edited by redpepper; 11-21-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post

Our family events are not about poly talk but about creating community by being together and bringing our kids together. It creates normalcy for them and helps them build their own community.
now i would actually enjoy finding and going to family inclusive events and groups like this and i think my girls would too especially with Jr (as i have been calling him) on the way, i just dont think many other ppl share this view and that suxs.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekodesu View Post
now i would actually enjoy finding and going to family inclusive events and groups like this and i think my girls would too especially with Jr (as i have been calling him) on the way, i just dont think many other ppl share this view and that suxs.
Too bad. We have an awesome time. I get that people don't like kids though. I enjoy the light hearted nature of building community around kids myself. At least right now in my life. I enjoy all kinds of events though. I like to mix it up so I create all kinds of events.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:20 AM

where are u and these events located redpepper
Old 11-26-2011, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Follow the link in her signature

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 11-26-2011, 05:39 AM

Quote:
They are events from all over the world... its really cool to see what others have come up with. Very inspiring for me in creating my own events. There are options in posting events that mean that there needn't be anything too public. All that needs to be done is that the admin of the event post an email in order for people to ask private questions.

SchrodingersCat would you be interested in posting your events on the calendar for your area?
Old 11-26-2011, 08:06 AM

mono i totally did that right after i posted that actually lol. (kinda scatter brain tonight with school stress)

redpepper thats kinda awesome thank you