Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 06:49 PM

Wink Austin, TX couple is seeking a "sister-wife-triad"

Hi! My husband and I have been married for 12 years (well 1 month shy of 12 years). We are both 36 and we live in the area of Austin, Texas. We have two children together, two dogs, a home, vehicles, and all the things a stable family has. But we feel like we are missing something. We have always had a strong, close marriage. We are the best of friends, a great team, and wonderful lovers. So there is nothing missing between us...in general. About a year ago we started teasing about having a sister wife. I would tell him no way, unless we had a 3 person relationship in all areas. We didn't know that there were relationships in this community that allowed for all of us to be together, in a relationship (call it poly, a triad, or sister wives...whatever you wish). Last month my husband and I started talking seriously about having a marriage that included a friend and lover for both of us. We began our search for a special woman a few days later.

It has been about a month since we first started looking. We have learned a few things in the last 30 days...

~There are different kinds of poly relationships.
~We do not want an open relationship with our special friend. We would like an exclusive one.
~People will take advantage of you or feed you a line of do-do, if you are not careful.
~We do not think there is one term or relationship name that describes what we are looking for. I think our relationship would be called a "sister-wife-triad."
~It is HARD work finding someone that the same kind of relationship that we are seeking. It may take a long time, we may get discouraged, but we have to continue if we are serious.
~We are open to the relationship turning into a live in relationship, if it feels right.
~We love each other more and more every day and feel so lucky to have what we have.

This brings us to the here and now. We would love to connect with women interested in the type of relationship we seek. We have no idea where to find what I see many refer to as the "unicorn." We would also like to connect with other couples, on a friendly basis, to gain support and have friends that understand us. I felt so encouraged yesterday when I found this site. I am just hoping that my husband and I are able to connect with similar people in our area. Let the journey continue!!!!

~RMS & DMS
Old 02-19-2013, 08:01 PM

Sorry you mean a Poly-fi triad. A sister-wife is a Polygamous term denoting a sisterly relationship between the women.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:08 PM

Thank you, Natja! This is completely new to me. I would like the woman in our relationship to be a good enough friend that we are like sisters. That sounds odd, doesn't it? I like your term much better! Thanks again!