Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 09:55 PM

Talking

well i guess i fit the profile (not claming racial profiling). i was baptized catholic but never felt comfortable with it. i am as is my wife pagan. we both have been drawn to poly as a way of life for a long time but have just recently become active. i am glad to see its not just us pagans that have this belief.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:23 AM

Pagan. My hubs is Christian though.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:25 PM

Me - Atheist (president of the local Atheist Organization)
Wife - Atheist
4 other poly friends - Atheists....
Old 08-16-2010, 03:38 PM

Default Pagan

Well my wife was born and raised Catholic while i attended catholic schools in Ireland I was raised as a 75th direct generation druid. Even though our family and our poly household has its foundation based in druidry. We own a farm in Southern New Hampshire and we are about 65% total self containing, we rase our own veggies, our own beef all grass fed, raise our own wool as well as cashmere, all our fensing is solar and our home will be totally off the grid in the next 3 years. We live within our means and we live one with the earth not of the earth.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:22 PM

Ha, I'm sort of afraid to answer this question...

...but, here goes. I am a "practicing" Discordian. Please to not string me up by my ankles.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:42 PM

LOL.............
Well we probably would string you up by your ankels, somewhere else maybe,,,,lol........ j/k

So you believe in the chaos theroy well you have that right, personally that doesnt work for us or our knowledge, wisdom as we know it. The main difference between us and other is we know not that we believe but we actually know.............Where most other forms of belief systems are based on faith ours is based on knowing.....
Old 08-17-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticIrishDruid View Post
LOL.............
Well we probably would string you up by your ankels, somewhere else maybe,,,,lol........ j/k

So you believe in the chaos theroy well you have that right, personally that doesnt work for us or our knowledge, wisdom as we know it. The main difference between us and other is we know not that we believe but we actually know.............Where most other forms of belief systems are based on faith ours is based on knowing.....
Chaos theory actually isn't the main focus of Dicordianism, there's quite a bit more to it. As for the rest of what you were saying, what? I'm having a hard time deciphering it...
Old 08-19-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
The main difference between us and other is we know not that we believe but we actually know.............Where most other forms of belief systems are based on faith ours is based on knowing.....

I am in line with this, Keltic. I use the ancient Greek term gnosis. Knowing (gnosis) brings wisdom (sophia).
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 08-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Where most other forms of belief systems are based on faith ours is based on knowing.....
Knowing what?
Old 08-20-2010, 07:40 PM

I didn't realize there were so many pagans around. What does being pagan mean in practical terms these days? I still have visions of people prancing around forests half naked searching for mushrooms, but I sure it's more about a connection with nature.

My daughter says my religion is "cut and paste". I'm interested in new age philosophies but I pretty much "cut and paste" that which resonates for me and leave the rest behind. I must do some pagan research after all I believe "Sage" is quite a pagan name to call oneself.