Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
My religion is kindness. Nobody can put it in a bottle and sell it. No one owns it. It's free for the taking and giving.

And I'm very unorthodox about it.

Heterodox, too.
Now that I like ;0)
"my religion is kindness"
Simple and to the point.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
We are both pagan (the hubby and I). I am a shaman/medicine woman, and he says he is just plain pagan.
Actually, the technical term for me is Asatru. It's a norse word that basically means I follow the old gods. Which old gods?

Primarily Tyr, Kali, and Morrigan/ The Morrigu, although recently my wife's Native American based shamanism has rubbed off on me - Coyote and I get along really well, I've discovered.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:41 PM

A is a lapsed Catholic, now a Unitarian. A2 is a vague pagan. I'm a pagan agnostic deist.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:39 PM

I was baptized in the Roman Catholic Church when I was a kid and I attended Mass regularly till I was 19. Then I identified myself as an evangelical, although I didn't attend any church for too long (I attended three churches for a few months each). Last December I was baptized at the LDS church and I was attending regularly till I was getting doubts about it, since I discovered polygamy. I talked with a member of the church, a friend of mine, about it and I intend to stay on the church despite being pro-polygamy.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:39 AM

Semi-Practicing Mormon (LDS NOT FLDS always need to make that clear LOL)
Old 07-08-2010, 05:42 PM

I was raised United Church of Canada (liberal Christian), but right now I self-describe as "spiritual agnostic" now if pressed (I don't like labelling my spirituality if I can avoid it, since my spirituality is somewhat in flux). I feel a strong need to interact with and celebrate creation and the cosmos in a spiritual way (worship, prayer, etc.), but am not certain if there is a personal deity, afterlife, etc. I am an active UU because there is plenty of room in UU'ism for this kind of belief and I enjoy the ability to explore and question my spirituality. Due to my wife's preferences, I also attend a United Church congregation and participate in a web forum run by that church and I do find that I still have something of an affinity with the more liberal wing of that denomination. I have no idea of how the UCC would view polyamory (probably not positively, although the more liberal churches would likely accept poly families even if they didn't sanction the relationship), but UU'ism actually has an organization for polyamory (which I learned about on these forums).

Mendalla

Last edited by Mendalla; 07-08-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:09 AM

I currently identify as a Reform Jew, though I feel a strong pull towards Reconstructionist Judaism (I like keeping to more of the old laws, but paired with a very "liberal" lifestyle).

The boyfriend is a Catholic convert. Previously he was an Asatru priest, of all things (Karma, you should know that there is actually an Asatru Church who use that old Norse word to specifically refer to the fact that they worship the traditional Norse gods so if you use it to identify yourself in certain circles, people will be VERY confused when you talk about your affinity with Coyote and Kali and the like).

The boyfriend's wife is a Lutheran and my husband is an atheist. So ... only one former pagan and one atheist and three practicing Judeo-Christians.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:15 PM

I was raised Christian (of the non-denominational, megachurch variety, with a little evangelical thrown in), but I now identify as agnostic.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:33 PM

I am currently practicing Secular Humanistic Judaism. Which is a really fancy way of saying I am an Atheistic Jew. I still go to temple(on the important days). I participate in all the holidays. I just don’t believe in God, yet still associate myself with the Jewish People. It is by far the most liberal Judaism.

It was an interesting ride getting to where I am now since I was born Southern Baptist, and raised Catholic by my step-father. I am just really happy that I found it, and am accepted with the belief system it entails. Prior to finding it, religion had always been a sore spot with me because nothing ever “fit”.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:28 PM

My spice are both some stripe of pagan. I just don't know about myself personally. I guess I fall under that I have christian and agnostic parents so that's my influence. I sort of take the bits I am comfortable with and leave the rest. My personal concept of god isn't so worried about how I practice just that I am consistent and willing.