Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 09:46 PM

Yeah, I think it is rare to find a situation where all four people have the mutual respect and affection necessary to make it work. There's never a guarantee that if one pairing works that all the others will too. However when there are romantic/friendship bonds in all directions, I think it’s an astoundingly stable situation.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:49 PM

That has been my experience of it. There's so much support and love. It makes sense that with more people, potentially there are more complications, but I really feel like everything is easier to deal with as well.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:02 PM

I know a lot of people don't like the primary/secondary dynamic, but I think it's a really functional dynamic. Each person has one person that's totally devoted to them and is always there for support. My wife is my rock, and I'm hers. My GF (Candypants) has her husband as her rock and vice versa. I think everyone having that unwavering base of support makes everything easier and more stable.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:06 PM

I've never been in a quad, but I think it makes sense that if everyone is on the same page It would be very stable -- unlike in a three-person situation, no one ever has to be the odd one out when folks are coupling up.

Very glad to hear things are going so well for you all!