Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 08:26 PM

Default Improbable?

So I have this daydream sometimes - I think someday it would be amazing to date a couple of bisexual guys in a triad kind of arrangement. I'm pretty low maintenance, and really don't want to be anybody's primary significant other if I can help it. I'm also (unfortunately) straight.

What are the odds of a single woman getting lucky enough to find a relationship like that? Does it get better or worse if BDSM is thrown into the mix? (It's awfully easy for a woman who mostly likes to top to find one guy to go out with, but with two different people, that might make it harder to mesh.)
Old 10-31-2011, 08:57 PM

Not easy but certainly not impossible or improbable. Hey, you might as well dream!

I try to ask for what I want - of the universe, friends, family, work.. Often I get it!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:58 PM

Default Nice dream!!

Long term relationship or just a couple of dates?? I have no idea what your odds are, I'm just curious...
Old 10-31-2011, 09:24 PM

I was thinking long term, or at least longer than a couple of dates.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:48 AM

Definitely not impossible. I am a bisexual female, engaged to a man who was exclusively gay until he fell in love with me, and we are both dating a bisexual male. Our "boyfriend" is into the BDSM thing. I have never tried it before, but we are both working on making that aspect of things work. My fiance is not interested in BDSM at all, but doesn't have any problems with the boyfriend and I exploring it.

I'm not going to say it's the easiest relationship in the world for a girl to find, but I thought you'd like to know that there's a least one out there! Good luck
Old 11-01-2011, 02:50 AM

I agree, totally not impossible, just complicated. If you like to top it might actually make it easier, cuz subbie guys might actually get off on being part of your "stable", or some such thing.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:12 AM

Nice dream

I have been waiting to find such a constellation to be honest, just out of curiosity how they would work out. More or less complicated than the other mixes, same dynamics, etc pp? I am involved with two males but they are straight and even if I have thought about how a possible bi-scenario could work out, I am pretty sure THAT will never happen

So dream on and keep us informed if you ever happen to find your dream. Good Luck

My Blog
Old 11-01-2011, 08:18 PM

thanks, Glee. That definitely cheers me up to know that you got that lucky.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:22 PM

thanks, Glee. That definitely cheers me up to know that you got that lucky.

And Annabel, you may be right that they'd get off on it, though the idea of having a 'stable' seems very silly to me.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
. . . the idea of having a 'stable' seems very silly to me.
Ooh, why?!! Although I don't fantasize about bi men who would be with me and each other, I'd love to have my own stable of men, all ready to please me! Yee-ha, giddyup, take me for a ride!

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/

Tags
bisexual, triad