Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 04:02 AM

Cool Little She-bear

So, hi.

My name is Renée - I'm an artist, a Kemetic Pagan, a novice singer/composer, a tat collector, pansexual, and most recently, poly-curious.

I was pretty much oblivious to the entire poly culture until moving to Central FL this past February. I don't know if anyone knows, but CFL seems to have a HUGE budding poly scene!

Because I left my residence due to a messy and painful breakup, I made a strong point to just make some good, tight-knit friends upon moving here. Well, between all my Pagan buddies in Melbourne/Palm Bay, and all my fellow artists in Orlando, almost everyone I met was poly. The more I got to know them, the more I listened, and my views went from interesting ---> cool, but not for me ---> maybe...---> I WANT TO GO TO THERE.

One of the reasons I was hesitant to "come out" and/or join a poly forum was because I was afraid I'd be accused of wanting to do it "because all my friends are." I hate the idea of being that "noob" who tries too hard. Does that make sense?

I talked one of my best friends about it and he said the hardest thing about first coming out was getting into a relationship and really "testing your theory." If you're well into a relationship and realize it's not for you, it can mean trouble. I put up an ad, and he said that's a good first move. So far replies are mostly for hookups and phone sex, since apparently "poly" is synonymous with "looking for a quick fuck" with many people. *sigh*

Anyway, that's all I got so far. Looking forward to talking on here, getting to know people, and learning the ins & outs.

Later.

Renee

My Website
Old 10-17-2011, 06:08 AM

Hi welcome to forum! Hope you have a great stay.