Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 10-12-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunicWolf View Post
Having been cheated on, and cheated myself, I know how long and hard it can be to rebuild trust. However both sides have to budge on the issue if anything is to get resolved. Forgiveness and communication are key.
agreed. This is what I was saying earlier. However, it is important to go through all the emotions to end up in the other side. Its a process.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:41 AM

Oh boy, I feel for you Veganchick and I also feel for your husband. Too many times have misunderstandings or miscommunications or insecurities have gotten my husband and I into huge fights, where we thought too that it is time to throw in the towel and call it a day. He and I are so compatible on so many levels, and our day to day life is amazing, but when we get into confrontations it seemed like we were both coming from a different planet. I would beg, apologize, explain and he would give me the silent treatment, say I was just trying to justify my behavior, I was not truly sorry. Ugh! However, the last big fight we had I came across this quiz called the Languages of Apology, I actually think I found this here on the forum While not all of this quizzes on the internet help or are factual, this one hit home for both of us. Even though we love each other like crazy and get along 95% of the time, we have completely different styles of apology. I took it, and once I got him to calm down (after days of the silent treatment from him), he took it as well... it was a big WOW and then led to a lot of meaningful and heartfelt discussions where both of us could see where the other person was coming from and how our different needs in respects to apologies were a barrier to our communications in resolving problems. Give it a try, it definitely helped us to see our differences. Good luck!

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/assessments/love/
Old 11-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Banned

Default Hypo

the opposite of hypersexual would be hyposexual.

Maybe not exactly the opposite but closer to overly sexual and under. That's all I should

comment on at this moment

Tags
dishonesty, emotional abuse, honesty, insecurities, miscommunication, mixed signals, new to poly, rebuilding trust, safe sex