Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 01:28 AM

Default Hi there!

Hi there, I joined this forum to converse with other like minded folks, and it seems to be a nice place after reading a few other threads, etc.

Anyhoo, my name is Roz. I'm 29, and as you can see by my profile, I'm a web developer who loves to play outdoors when I'm not slaving over a hot keyboard. I've been poly for pretty much my entire dating life. To me it has always seemed the most natural way for me to be, and I have benefited a lot from this lifestyle and from the wonderful people I've had come into my life over the years.

I am married to a wonderful man. We've been together for 9 years and married for almost 7. We moved to Oregon about 3 years ago and we love it here. My husband has a girlfriend (we don't use the term secondary or primary in our world, as we look at each relationship as being different rather than more or less important); and I have two partners who are married to each other (they've been married 7 years also). The female half of the two has a boyfriend. All relationships are long term.

While we are not closed off or 'poly fidelitous' or what you might call it, at the moment we feel as I read on facebook the other day, "polysaturated" and we feel balanced and satisfied with the configuration that our relationships are in. We have basically no drama, all get along fantastically and enjoy each other very much; just don't have the need right now to expand our relationships to include any more partners.

Eventually we will probably move in with my two partners; but we want to plan it out and make sure that everyone's (including their two children's) needs are all taken care of and accounted for before we move; probably a few months or a year from now.

I don't have any kids... yet. My boyfriend and I just lost a pregnancy, and we're still in the grieving process for that, and haven't decided if and / or when we want to try again. Currently not trying. I love children, I'm just not sure if my body can handle it yet.

Speaking of which, I've lost over 100 pounds, and my health is of major importance to me, and I take an active role in being fit and fabulous!

I look forward to meeting you all!
Old 09-22-2011, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemniscate View Post
Hi there, I joined this forum to converse with other like minded folks, and it seems to be a nice place after reading a few other threads, etc.

Anyhoo, my name is Roz. I'm 29, and as you can see by my profile, I'm a web developer who loves to play outdoors when I'm not slaving over a hot keyboard. I've been poly for pretty much my entire dating life. To me it has always seemed the most natural way for me to be, and I have benefited a lot from this lifestyle and from the wonderful people I've had come into my life over the years.

I am married to a wonderful man. We've been together for 9 years and married for almost 7. We moved to Oregon about 3 years ago and we love it here. My husband has a girlfriend (we don't use the term secondary or primary in our world, as we look at each relationship as being different rather than more or less important); and I have two partners who are married to each other (they've been married 7 years also). The female half of the two has a boyfriend. All relationships are long term.

While we are not closed off or 'poly fidelitous' or what you might call it, at the moment we feel as I read on facebook the other day, "polysaturated" and we feel balanced and satisfied with the configuration that our relationships are in. We have basically no drama, all get along fantastically and enjoy each other very much; just don't have the need right now to expand our relationships to include any more partners.

Eventually we will probably move in with my two partners; but we want to plan it out and make sure that everyone's (including their two children's) needs are all taken care of and accounted for before we move; probably a few months or a year from now.

I don't have any kids... yet. My boyfriend and I just lost a pregnancy, and we're still in the grieving process for that, and haven't decided if and / or when we want to try again. Currently not trying. I love children, I'm just not sure if my body can handle it yet.

Speaking of which, I've lost over 100 pounds, and my health is of major importance to me, and I take an active role in being fit and fabulous!

I look forward to meeting you all!
Welcome to the forum!!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:15 AM

Hi there and welcome! It sounds like you have quite the happy poly tangle there!

I'm sorry about your recent loss. It's probably a good idea, to help you in the grieving process, to spend some time here sharing your experiences with other poly peeps and newbies. You sound very balanced and content with your situation, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

PS - We also have a weight loss support thread in the Fireplace section. I have quite a few lbs to lose, and there's a bunch of us who I'm sure would love to hear what worked for you.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 09-22-2011 at 03:21 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:12 AM

Thank you so much nycindie! Part of why I came here was that I was hoping it was a place I could express myself in regards to my loss and subsequently trying to conceive later. I am a member of some other forums that deal specifically with those sorts of things, but they are definitely not poly oriented, in fact, I've not mentioned that I have a poly relationship at all on any of those forums (didn't think it was the place to do so).

I also appreciate the weight loss link. Awesome!

By the way, I love your responses on threads. I appreciate your no nonsense method of direct communication. That's something I'm working on. I am an honest and realistic person, but I tend to ramble. I have a lot of admiration for good communicators.