Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 09-03-2011, 12:29 PM

Default Looking For More Poly Support

Thank you all for being so supportive! I have been scouring this site for all of the old forums, which is awesome. I am wondering if there are any really good sites/links you could suggest, something new. I have also scoured "Xeromag" as well and I read "Savage Love" religiously. I am getting "Sex at Dawn" from the library as well as an anecdotal book on non-monogamy.

I know, I am being info greedy. I just need to completely envelop myself in this and find pertinent resources to show my mono dh. I love reading these posts to him, especially from other monos. Any other resources would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:56 AM

I'm 99% sure there is probably a resource page tagged somewhere that is easy to find if you look for it, I'm too sleepy to though!

If I was to start from scratch, the book I would probably want to read first is "Opening Up: A Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships " by Tristan Taormino. I can't be sure it would be as useful if you are trying to convince your partner that they might be interested in poly too/explaining to them why it is important that they accept your desires, as it is for people who both want to decide how to go about it.
Note: on amazon you can read the first few pages. You might want to read through them and make sure it wouldn't be a detriment if your husband is struggling with stuff before you got it though...admittedly it turned me off when I started reading it because it made me think the focus of the book was about casual & group sex, and that it would give the world at large the perception that that's what poly is about.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:00 AM

Go to:

Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Golden Nuggets

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 09-05-2011, 05:44 AM

I read a book which I think was called "Open". It had a wedding ring on the cover, and it was a biography of a woman and the transition she and her husband made from monogamous to open to meet her needs.

I was struggling, trying to adapt to my husband's call for change.. I found The Ethical Slut very difficult to read, and though I appreciated Tristan Taormino's writing, the biographical style helped me to understand another point of view emotionally in a way I hadn't expected.

I wish you and your partner all the best.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:05 AM

for a light intro...

Here's the video that was my introduction to poly

http://youtu.be/Ll0Hszcuoc4

Only ran a season, cute, the acting is amateurish...Although I rather enjoy this...
http://youtu.be/G2-MTs_Lsog

Here's an interview with the writer... about her poly relationships.

http://youtu.be/VEaKU--BvVo