Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 11-28-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyfish View Post
Self-discovery sucks until it's wonderful.
That would make a great T-shirt! Thanks

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 11-29-2009, 04:36 AM

You rock on many levels, mono. Through posts like this, your quest helps to give mine meaning. As much as one straight man can love another straight man he's never met, i love you. Keep fighting the good fight of self discovery and sharing what you learn. Your community needs you.
Catfish
Old 11-29-2009, 07:24 AM

I'll be taking a break from active participation on the forums for a while. I got caught up in recent negativity and let it seep into my relationship. I'm focusing on what is real and what I have....a wonderful poly relationship with an incredible woman and her family. I'll be lurking for sure and keeping in touch through Redpepper.

Hope everyone figures out what they want and achieves that...I have; and if a mono vanilla cracker can achieve success in a poly world, there's hope for all of us

Peace and Love
Mono
Old 11-29-2009, 07:57 AM

Amen
Old 11-30-2009, 01:09 AM

Default Good bye Mono.

Bye baby, I feel very lucky that we are able to find community of our own in our own city. I'm also feel very glad that I kept our anonymity on these forums as I see now what it was worth.

I weep when I write as I am heartbroken that your presence on here is not valued as much as I think it should be. Know wonder other mono people don't want to come on here, it means working very hard and I admire you for working so hard all these months.

I admire you, respect you, value you and cherish our time together. That is all that matters.

To the rest of you that have chosen to put your need to be right before the feelings of others, I wish you the best in your relationships and hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I'll be taking a break from active participation on the forums for a while. I got caught up in recent negativity and let it seep into my relationship. I'm focusing on what is real and what I have....a wonderful poly relationship with an incredible woman and her family. I'll be lurking for sure and keeping in touch through Redpepper.

Hope everyone figures out what they want and achieves that...I have; and if a mono vanilla cracker can achieve success in a poly world, there's hope for all of us

Peace and Love
Mono
WHAT!? Mono, say it isn't so! You're one the voices of sanity here on the boards! I count on you, Dude!

*pulling it together* Okay, if you need to back away for a while, I can respect that. But I want you to know I am going to miss you like crazy. And I am sending copious quanitities of good vibes your way. Right now. Are you feeling them? Because I am sending them.

Go in peace, BrotherMan, and return when you're ready knowing you are wanted and loved.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:21 AM

Thanks Fidelia, that is just what Mono needs to hear right now and I am grateful that you appreciate him and his insight. We are all so far from perfect, but it is so important to spread love, patience and understanding to one another when we struggle (and always).

Hugs to you, I am not going anywhere as I still feel I have something to say.

I have a better understanding of the importance of leaving people alone when they are done with a topic and feel cornered. I have a better understanding when I take this space too seriously that I need to take a break and I have a better understanding of some of the people in my community that chose to be reclusive and stay off line and just live.... at some point I can see that we will all do that as a this forum and the whole on-line deal is not based on reality and everything just keeps coming around anyway. Mono feels he has given his two cents and I almost have now too I think. I know others that have left already feel that way and eventually it's best just to leave....
Old 11-30-2009, 06:22 AM

Mono,

I hope you read this or Redpepper lets you know what I've said. While I don't post much, I read the forums every day. My journey into polyamory is new and your voice in it has been very important, because in many ways, you are just like my husband. He's mono and probably always will be. He's rather vanilla in the grand scheme of things, as well. I believed that he could love me for who I am because you love Redpepper. Silly, I know, but it gave me the courage to start talking and keep talking my husband about polyamory.

In a very real way, I do believe you (and this forum) saved my marriage, as the road we were on could have only led to pain and sorrow. I understand why you are stepping back, at least I think I do, but we will be all the poorer for it. I wish you all the best luck wherever your path may take you.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:37 AM

Hey wait a minute. Mono, you encouraged me to stay on this board. *pout*
Old 11-30-2009, 06:52 AM

Mono is reading here still as it is a public forum, but I will pass anything on to him that needs PMing. He took his profile off of here, so you will have to go through me. If you are okay with that...

Thanks for your support. Perhaps it will show him that he is needed and that people actually do love him just for who he is not for what they want him to be. I too have learned so much from all of you and so has Mono, we have all given to each other. It's so incredible to recognize that and tell each other these things. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to do that from here on in... I don't want to clutter up Mono's thread with my words so I will stay quiet from here on in... just had to add the above.