Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 02:48 PM

I can't even believe this didn't occur to me before.

But yeah...i totally eat more when I'm feeling a bit down or jealous. You think i'm trying to replace an emotional "unsatisfied"....with a physical feeling of satiation??

cloves
Old 12-05-2009, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloves View Post
I can't even believe this didn't occur to me before.

But yeah...i totally eat more when I'm feeling a bit down or jealous. You think i'm trying to replace an emotional "unsatisfied"....with a physical feeling of satiation??

cloves
Well, certainly can't say for sure without knowing you personally. But I know it's becoming clear to me that is one of my issues.

Happy to say from 216 lbs at the highest I'm down to 165 lbs now!
Old 12-05-2009, 03:05 PM

wow!! congrats on the weight loss!
I myself have dropped down from 222 at my highest, and am currently hovering around 195. I'd like to loose another 20 pounds if I could.....working on it.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
wow!! congrats on the weight loss!
I myself have dropped down from 222 at my highest, and am currently hovering around 195. I'd like to loose another 20 pounds if I could.....working on it.
GOOD JOB CLOVES!!!

It's hard work.
I know for me I've been working at it steadily for 2.5 years (as of this December 21st). I know becuase I started REALLY working on it when my daughter was born and she was born June 21st. Makes the dates pretty easy (solstice baby).
It sounds like a lot when I write the numbers, it feels like a REALLY LONG time when I consider the dates.

But I can't deny I am much happier now.

Keep up the good work!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:21 PM

i feel like I'm thread hi-jacking a bit..

but I keep telling myself "it took a while to put the weight on, it's not gonna come off overnight"
Old 12-05-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
i feel like I'm thread hi-jacking a bit..

but I keep telling myself "it took a while to put the weight on, it's not gonna come off overnight"
That is true. It takes "life change" I know everyone says it-but it's true.

I started with walking. I got to where (until I got stuck on bed rest for my neck) where I was averaging 5 miles a day or so for 3-4 days a week. One day a week of 10 or more miles and on the other days I would run 1 mile on the treadmill (running SUCKS).
But it really did help A LOT.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:29 PM

yo.
I feel the same way... I am of normal weight and a very small frame, so my numbers will not be related to any of yours, thus I won't post them.

But - During the last few months of my marriage and post divorce I gained weight. This was a result of drinking alot, eating, etc. for the reasons you all posted.

After I started my new life with new friends in a new town - It literally melted off! As I said before - I am a small frame, but on this small frane, I lost 20lbs in the past year.

Totally ridiculous... I think I just got happier, and ta dah!
Old 12-07-2009, 03:18 AM

Default Eat when I'm happy

I can't help it...when I am happy I cook and I eat. When I eat, I gain weight. The times in my life that were the most stress filled and unhappy were also the times in my life that I weighed the least amounts. My anxiety increases and perhaps my metabolism does too when I am under stress, but I also notice a big decrease in my appetite in general when I am sad or upset. I never really was one to turn to ice cream when I was unhappy.

Unfortunately, when I am happy and secure I also feel like I look my worst but heck...life is good

Tags
eating for emotional need, emotional health, fullness, physical health, relationships