Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 01:53 AM

Default One thing I haven't mentioned

I've talked about my wife and girlfriend at length, there is another, an ex girlfriend I reconnected about 12 years after breaking up(4 years ago) the wife was attracted to her, the girlfriend was as well, but after about a year, the 3 of us decided that a 4th was too much drama, plus she liked to have unprotected sex with random internet guys, none of us wanted a disease, so no more sexual relationship. Seems simple enough, we all want to remain friends, but she is always making advances, we're all grown ups, all with a strong will of our own, so nothing's going to happen. I just need to know how to make it more clear to her without sounding like an asshole, and hopefully without losing a friendship.

Any ideas? thanks
Old 09-10-2011, 01:45 PM

Update: We grew a set and told her where we stand, I've always believed in honesty, but it's hard at the expense of others' feelings, last night I had enough of having my nuts mixed, and calmly told her that we're sticking with our current triad, and wanted to work on this relationship. I informed her that her friendship is important to us, but for sexual fulfilment she has to go elsewhere. She cried a little, but soon understood that she wasn't losing friends, she seemed ok. She emailed me when she got home, and thanked us for the fun we had, and she promised to behave herself when here.

Now things are healthy and safe.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:40 PM

I'm a sucker for happy endings.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.