Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 05:21 AM

Default A new adventure

Ok....After a whopping 3 years in a relationship with another couple, L and I have broken up with them.

But....we have moved on to other pastures. L has had someone pursuing her on OKC. I will call this someone D. (Not the same "D" from our other relationship ) He is a nice guy and is totally into L. They have been talking to each other via Facebook and texts for about two weeks or so now.

Well, tonight, we actually met up with him. What a nice guy! We met with him at 6:30, and hung out with him at a coffee house, and then dinner, then off to the bowling alley and played pool with him....Until about 11pm! And he had to get up at 5:15am to go to work tomorrow! It was easy to talk with him.

Something we learned from our last relationship, was that we needed to be honest with ourselves first, and then with those who we want to have a relationship with. So, L and I spoke BEFORE going onto this date. We agreed that we wanted a poly relationship in which we may eventually have someone move in with us. We further agreed that we had no issues with being completely open with everyone in public. So if she wants to hold his hand in public, she can...and if she wants to hold both of our hands in public, thats cool too.....Well, we discussed this with D tonight. He said he was completely open with his family about his poly lifestyle, and welcomed being open and free with our feelings in public. He also said that if things worked out between us all, then he would have no issues with sometime in the future, moving in. He says he truly IS poly, and is completely open about it.

L and he REALLY hit it off tonight. They were touching and holding each other close, and exploring. Nothing really "sexual" at this point, but the sexual feelings were definatly there. He had so much respect for her. All the way down to actually ASKING if she minded if he put his hand on her back before actually doing it. We all had a GREAT time tonight trying to connect. L and he certainly connected, and a future meeting is a definite must. L says that he is simply another one of me. He has a LOT of similar interests that I do. And I get along with him also. YAY!
Old 09-12-2010, 01:16 PM

Woot, woot! Great! lol

Ain't it great when all get along so awesomely?
Old 09-12-2010, 02:21 PM

Yes it is. L says he made her feel like a little school girl all over again. She also said that now, she thinks she understands what I was going through with another woman (MY "D" from our other relationship that we just broke it off with) before.

L is experiencing NRE! YAY!!!! I love my wife, L, so much and absolutely LOVE it when she is happy. This morning, she was so happy, and we spent about 2 hours further discussing what boundries we may have in the future (or may NOT have ) with her new lover. Watching them last night was SO awesome.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:25 PM

Oh yeah, something I almost forgot about...LOL This is actually VERY funny. I used to own a martial arts school and one of my old students saw us all three out last night. Thats not the odd part or the funny part....L and D were walking with arms around eachother. They were OBVIOUSLY together and hgaving a good time. My student saw my wife and felt the need to say "hi". Then, I walked up. It didn't even phase him. I introduced my wife's new friend simply as "our friend" because he is not her "lover" just yet. When things progress to that stage, IF they do, then we will be introducing him as L's "lover".
Old 09-13-2010, 01:02 AM

Wow again! We went out with D again today. What a great time. Hopefully L will start posting what she's feeling in this thread or possibly make her own? They kissed for the first time today. I wasn't sure how I would feel about that, as we have always had a rule of no kissing in the past. However, I felt very good about it today. L is COMPLETELY turned on by D's body and his mind. He always shows her so much respect, and he has a lot of the same philosephies that we do toward our relationship. (At least so far that we can tell) We all hold hands when in public, and people look at us and wonder who L is with....Me...Or him. LOL Kinda funny actually, but when they see her holding his hand AND my hand, they start to get the picture. When they see her KISS me, THEN him....They know whats going on to a point. LOL

Anyway, I took some pics of them today while we were all swimming. I won't poost them here, because I don't know how he will feel about it, and I want to respect him as much as he is my dear wife. He's very soft spoken, and always uses such respect for her. In general, he is a great reqief from the hecktic relationship we've been having for the last 3 years with another couple.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:38 AM

Ok I am sure you are all dying to know so....
D is a wonderful person, we can talk about everything and nothing all at the same time. Make sense. He is so kind and gentle. He opens my door and helps me out of the car. Simply he is a true gentleman.He knows how to touch me and make me squrm in my set and it is just my foot he is touching. mmmm
He and i have talked about so much it is like we have known each other for years! I am so excited to see where this may go.
During this I have come closer to understand the NRE T had for his D.
I love you T more then life itself!!!!! Ty for allowing me to get to know D more.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:42 AM

No problem baby. I love you too. Enjoy the feelings. They truely are AWESOME!
Old 09-13-2010, 01:52 AM

Wow TLs....you two don't waste any time! Congrats! Enjoy the high!
Old 09-13-2010, 02:02 AM

Life's too short to sit around and sulk over spilled milk Polly. We tried for 3 years to make our other relationship work. And when it worked, it was AWESOME....When it was not working, the depression was HORRID. We are hoping that this time will be a bit different.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:26 AM

I hope this week flys by so we can see D again and talk more about our relationship with him. We are on such a high all 3 of us!

Tags
marriage, open relationship, quad, sexual relationships, wife swapping