Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 08-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Custodian

It's downgraded to a tropical storm. I should have made bets on this because I'd be all ca-ching and $hit right now.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:58 PM

Rain and wind gotten worse in the last half hour. Enjoying my electricity while I still have it!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 08-28-2011, 05:30 PM

Luckily my hubby, kiddo and mom in NY are in an apt bldg with generators! Up here in CT we have had a lot of wind and rain, but have kept power where I am so far, despite being pretty near the coast line. I am hoping my condo development keeps its electricity and no trees fall. (otherwise nasty cold shower tomorrow am on top of a rainy drive into work).

I hope everyone is keeping safe!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:08 AM

In NYC, they're joking that Hurr. Irene liked a little rough sex. Rough waves washed a dildo ashore on the East River and she knocked down a tree in Brooklyn that, because of a peculiar knot in its side, was known as "The Vagina Tree."

Edit: Wow, just realized that the images I included in the first post have changed because the links have been updated with new storm info.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

Last edited by nycindie; 08-29-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:13 AM

Never lost power all day! So relieved.

Feeling bad for those under water tho.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 08-29-2011, 03:55 AM

We never lost power just some flickering. Lots of leaves and small branches but nothing major. Cookie has been without power for a full day and they are saying quite a few more days until they get to her. Karma is talking about going to see her tomorrow. Thinking of making her some cinnamon rolls. Comfort food that doesnt need to be reheated.

Sounds like everyone made it through okay. Good News!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:53 AM

I never lost electricity, either, which was a big concern of mine. And now the weather here is delightfully cool and breezy, a welcome change from the sweltering heat and humidity we had before Irene blew through town.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "
Old 08-29-2011, 12:18 PM

Im glad you didn't lose power. That was my worry too. I bought batteries for our camp fan because I can't breathe in the heat. But for the first time all summer our air quality has been green and it was so nice out yesturday morning. It felt like fall. Maybe Irene brought the season change in with her!
I know the pressure cange is making my fibro act up, but I'll take that over what could have been any day! So glad everyone made it through okay! Now we just need to get word that Cookie has power again and all will be well.

Oh and we are feeling like little kids getting a snow day, they canceled school for today.

Tags
weather