Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 05:34 PM

These are great recs guys! We just watched The Dreamers which isn't 100% poly but it was excellent all the same. Eva Green was phenomenal and she's gorgeous too!

Also has anyone seen A Home At The End of the World? That's one got one of my favourite lines in it: "It's just love"
Old 07-05-2010, 08:58 AM

I AM LOVE- Tilda Swinton movie

And Mama Mia in a more innocent/romantic way
Old 07-05-2010, 06:04 PM

Default Tilda Swinton rocks

I've heard Tilda Swinton is poly in real life. She's also the love of my life. (Shh, don't tell my boys that I'd be mono for her... )

I feel like she's done some other poly-esque films, but I can't recall any. It might be worth checking.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:11 PM

Thumbs up

I'm definately gonna have to check these out, I wish there were more outright poly movies, instead of all the movies with poly-esque plots. I'd personally love to see a romantic movie based solely on a group, like a triad or quad.

And in response to an earlier suggestion, YESSS @ "Chasing Amy"!!!! I LOVE that movie. Again it wasn't about poly, but it was definately more than monogamy. It was just about the complexities of love and sexuality... truly beautiful film, I'd suggest it to all

^_^
Old 08-31-2010, 03:01 AM

Thumbs up The Sex Monster

This is a really good movie I just watched on hulu about a man who convinces his wife to try a 3some with another woman. It was really funny and had the best storyline, plot, and overall message I've seen in a movie in a long time.

I recommend anyone who wants to see a good poly-ish movie watch this

just search "The Sex Monster" on hulu
Old 01-21-2011, 02:52 AM

Default Poly Movies

Bookmark www.theinnbetween.net/polymovies.html for a growing list of poly movies that I have personally watched & verified for poly content and http://joreth.livejournal.com/tag/reviews%20(movies) to read my reviews of each movie (plus a few that don't make the list)

I will be adding a poly music page soon.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxflame88 View Post

"Paint Your Wagon"(1969) Joshua Logan (Lee Marvin, Clint Eastwood, Jean Seberg, Ray Walston)
Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood live in a triple relationship with Jean Seberg. The woman is sold off to the highest bidder (Marvin) by her Mormon husband, then makes up her mind that she is in love with both Marvin and Eastwood. Since her former husband had two wives, she reasons, why can't she have two husbands? There is absolutely no hint of sexual involvement between the two men.
I just saw this the other day! I was so surprised. It was a gold mining camp and there were 400 men and only one woman. So, she got 2 husbands out of the deal. It depicted California when it was a territory, not a state, and this triad made their own rules. Sadly the whole town gets punished at the end for this and other "dissapations" as was common in movies of classic Hollywood.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 60) loving miss pixi (poly, F, 38) since January 2009, living together since 2013
also loving Punk (monogamish, 42, M) since Oct 2015
"Master," (mono, 34), miss pixi's Dom for 2 years
Old 01-21-2011, 10:15 AM

Hubby and I just watched the movie Hump Day and it was fantastic!

It briefly touches on the idea of poly, but is mostly about the idea that human sexuality is not fixed, but flexible and fluid.

The movie was unscripted and has such a raw, real, genuine feel it blew us both away.

Best movie I've seen in years.

The movie Vicky Cristina Barcelona has poly in it, but it also has horrible, annoying narration, and the end sort of fall flat.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:50 PM

My husband, his girlfriend and I recently watched the 1962 film Jules and Jim. Here is the Netflix synopsis:

Writers Jules (Oskar Werner) and Jim (Henri Serre) are close friends who fall in love with the same woman, the unpredictable Catherine (Jeanne Moreau), amid the turbulence of World War I Paris in one of director François Truffaut's best-loved films, adapted from the novel by Henri-Pierre Roché. What results is a decades-long love triangle that both tests and strengthens the bond between the two men.

She is married to one of them and openly seeing the other for most of the film. I was really impressed by the woman's husband's ability to accept her need to see the other guy. At one point something was said about "inventing a new form of love" or being "pioneers of love," I wish I could remember the exact quote.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:23 PM

Just throwing in an oddball film for consideration. The End of the Affair isn't really about poly, but in the end, I think it has a strong poly bent. It certainly yanks your heartstrings and shows that love, while not necessarily always happily ever after, opens your heart to more than you desired or thought it could bear.

Tags
movies