Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-11-2011, 03:00 AM

Question Asking a poly guy to date one of "their" girls

my wife see this one guy that is poly and he have so many woman he dates and have relationships with. (would it be a bad idea to ask him if i can date one of his womans?) i don't really know him all that good. really im not sure what he do to get all these womans. he is alot older then me. not sure if that have anything to do with it or not. i guess some people have all the luck. im a person that have no luck in the poly world. just seems hard to find a poly person to date. there is too many meet up groups just to talk about poly and don't talk about how to find a ploy person to date. pretty much it looks like you are on your own with no help!
Old 08-11-2011, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esarati300 View Post
my wife see this one guy that is poly and he have so many woman he dates and have relationships with. (would it be a bad idea to ask him if i can date one of his womans?) i don't really know him all that good. really im not sure what he do to get all these womans. he is alot older then me. not sure if that have anything to do with it or not. i guess some people have all the luck. im a person that have no luck in the poly world. just seems hard to find a poly person to date. there is too many meet up groups just to talk about poly and don't talk about how to find a ploy person to date. pretty much it looks like you are on your own with no help!
Personally, I would be frustrated if a man who wanted to date me asked a guy I was already dating for permission. If someone wants to date me I think they should ask me, not my BF!
Old 08-11-2011, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esarati300 View Post
my wife see this one guy that is poly and he have so many woman he dates and have relationships with. (would it be a bad idea to ask him if i can date one of his womans?)
If you want to ask one of them out, ask one of them out. You can let him know you want to, but you wouldn't really need his permission, since they don't belong to him and do have minds of their own. I would think it's up to the woman to work it out with him, depending on what kind of "rules" they have. Ultimately it would be her choice whether or not to go out with you.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 08-11-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:59 AM

I wouldn't ask, but I would at least let him know you are interested in one of them. I dunno, I think it shows good will and is a good way to start a healthy metamour relationship with this man. Agreed though, they are not HIS women, and they can do as they pleas.