Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-31-2011, 11:00 PM

Default Newbie here

Hello to all I am Jtron and I am new here. Looking forward to getting to know you all. I am new to the poly world and hope this is a good resource with honest and open minded people.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:23 AM

Hi Jtron. Welcome. Are you male or female, partnered or not, and to which gender? If you have a partner, is he/she also poly or poly-curious?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 08-01-2011, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Hi Jtron. Welcome. Are you male or female, partnered or not, and to which gender? If you have a partner, is he/she also poly or poly-curious?
I'm male and single all the way around for now. I'm extremely poly-curious and came here to get the lowdown on the poly lifestyle as well as resources and stories from current poly folks. I'm also a Unitarian Universalist and will be teaching a class on polyamory in the near future. I feel this is the lifestyle that would fit me best. Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited by Jtron; 08-01-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:25 AM

You're going to teach a class on poly even though you've never practiced it?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Master, 32
Old 08-01-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
You're going to teach a class on poly even though you've never practiced it?
I'm trying to get some exposure to the lifestyle before teaching about it. Sorry, I should have explained myself a bit more clearly. Yes I intend to practice before I preach, lol.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:45 AM

Haha, you better get cracking! You've got to find 2 partners, fall in love with both, and vice versa, and have sex with them, while they know they are not your one and only, in a short amount of time. Good luck! There are not that many of us.

Master, 32
Old 08-01-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Haha, you better get cracking! You've got to find 2 partners, fall in love with both, and vice versa, and have sex with them, while they know they are not your one and only, in a short amount of time. Good luck! There are not that many of us.
Thanks, I'm in no hurry to teach a class on this. I know this will take time and patience. I think it's best to not be in a hurry about poly relationships.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:49 AM

Oh, you said "near future" for your class.

Master, 32
Old 08-01-2011, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Oh, you said "near future" for your class.
Maybe I was being a bit ambitious and optimistic, lol. I feel this is a topic that needs discussion and visibility within the UU church in general. There is an organization of UU's that support and give visibility to the poly lifestyle already but I want to bring this insight to our particular congregation. I'm just a little excited about what being poly can bring to my life and my congregation. I guess I need to tone it down a notch. Thanks for the reality check and advice.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:07 AM

You're welcome.

I don't think it would be impossible for you to teach a basic class on polyamory, if you read this board for a couple of months and also read the recommended books and websites you will see listed around the board.

Master, 32