Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 07:57 PM

I've been smiling a lot during these last few days because I got some good news from rory but I'll let her tell you the news herself.

Today I had an interesting conversation with Bob, it gave me much to think about. We talked about our feelings and whether we would consider each other possible partners if the situation was different. He said that he likes me and appreciates my personality but thinks that he probably wouldn't fall in love with me because I lack something that his previous loves and current one have in common: bitchyness. So I'm not bitchy enough for him! That's actually really nice to hear because that's something I really don't want to be and if that's what he's into, then I'm not what he's into. I tried to get him to clarify what he means with bitchyness but I didn't really get a clear picture what he meant, but I can't imagine it being something that I would be or like to be. I also told him that I'm not sure he would be emotional enough for me. We had just talked about that in a previous discussion when he said that he just doesn't feel that much in general. He has been and is now in love (with his gf), but he thinks that even the feeling of love isn't that big for him, it's just a feeling among others. I'm not sure he would deal well with my constant conversations and analysis about emotions. Still, after all that we concluded that... there is something special here and you never know. Situations change all the time and maybe in another time and place there is a chance for us. But now we accept the situation as it is: we're going our separate ways in two months. Oh and he and his gf changed their minds about moving. He was supposed to move to his gf's country but instead they now decided that she is moving to him. They will be moving to a different city though, so he isn't staying in my home town. (rory: they're moving to where you used live too before moving to Wonderland)
Old 07-05-2012, 02:46 PM

Newwwwwws, wanna know it already
Old 07-07-2012, 09:09 AM

Oh, sorry! Haven't had the energy to write (full time volunteering) and don't have that much now, but I'll update the news.

It is looking very much like me and Alec will be moving to Dream City soon, after all!! I got into a very good university there, so I won't be too sad about leaving the one I'm in now. There's a bit of the finances to sort out still, but if nothing unexpected happens, we'll move. That means we'll be moving basically at the same time with Mya. I'm very excited but also quite scared.. On one hand, it is unbelievably cool when so many of the things that I want may be coming true, but, on the other, it is also really scary because there's still a lot of uncertainty about how we will be able to support ourselves staying in Wonderland.

But I do realise something. I am keeping myself from being too excited so that the possible disappointment wouldn't hurt as much. And that makes no sense. Firstly, it will hurt either way. Secondly, doing that I won't get to feel the excitement and joy, and I can't enjoy even the time that I do have if I stress about the what ifs.

So, yay!!
Old 07-07-2012, 05:49 PM

Woo-Hoo, togetherness!!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 07-07-2012, 08:15 PM

^Yep, it's cool!!

Me and Alec are flying to Home Country for a couple of weeks tomorrow. He'll spend most of the time with his family, who I'll visit, too, but I'll also meet many friends and go visit Mya and JJ. I probably won't be much on the Internet while there, but I'll see you all when I get back!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:22 AM

Yay, I get to see rory soon! Yay, she's most likely moving to Dream City! Happy happy happy!!

Today I got a real wave of appreciation toward rory when I realised how easy she is to understand. It's not that we just get each other instantly every time we talk about something but it's the fact that she's willing to explain herself very thoroughly so that I can almost always get on the same page with her eventually. She always answers my questions and I do ask quite a lot of them. Sometimes I get a bit frustrated with Bob because he's not like that at all. I would like to get to know him better in order to build a deep friendship that would last even though we're going to be in different countries soon. But he has built walls around him and it's not easy to get through them. He thinks that I sometimes ask too many personal questions and that I try to get too close to him when he doesn't know yet how much of himself he wants to reveal to me. He says he gets to know people by observing them. I think that leaves too much chance for misinterpretation and that's why I prefer asking direct questions and giving honest answers. So we're somewhat incompatible in our communication methods, it seems. Well, we'll see how all this unfolds in the near future.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:57 PM

I get to see rory today, woohoo! I'm really really happy about that. Today I'm going to introduce her to Bob and a friend of mine who is visiting my home town this weekend.

This last couple of months I've had the most active social life that I think I've ever had. It's been crazy. Right now I feel a bit emotionally drained. Most of my friendships are deep and loving, so it takes quite a lot of work to keep them that way, especially when there's quite a few of them. Some of these friendships include kissing and other types of closeness from time to time, but not sex (except with Bob). Right now I feel like I should stop making out with my friends, at least for a while. The consequence of kissing them is that they sometimes suggest or hint about sex. And I usually don't want to go there with them. There's been two cases like this recently. The reason to say no depends on the friend. One I'm not attracted to that way. The other one is hot but I've seen several friendships of hers break after they had sex and she developed romantic feelings for the other person, but to them it was just-for-fun-sex, so she couldn't handle it and go back to being just friends. I don't want that to happen to us, I want to keep her in my life as a friend. Sooo.. I feel like lately I've had way too many talks and thoughts about who wants what from me and what do I want from them. It's exhausting. First with Bob and now a couple of friends. I think I want some peace in my life and this not how to achieve it.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:37 AM

I had the most amazing time with rory! <3 We had some great conversations, a lot of closeness and just.. perfect time together. I decided not to work on those three days she was here and I think it was the right decision. JJ gave us enough space to be alone, I really appreciated that. Her presence just makes me so happy and I love her and our relationship. I love the fact that we don't have NRE anymore, so that we can see each other's flaws and not be obsessed about each other, but instead we're building something real, solid and hopefully lasting. I've been waiting for a chance for this relationship to grow more and I feel it's been given that chance now that we're moving to the same city. I'm amazed how all this worked out eventually even though the situation looked quite bad for a while. Ok, we're not living there just yet, but it's not going to take long anymore, a bit over a month maybe. Gosh, this is really happening!
Old 07-21-2012, 01:31 AM

Hey, that's not long to go at all. Bet you're excited!

And taking time away from work is goooood. Glad you got to hang out. Nourishing
Old 07-26-2012, 01:43 PM

fuchka: Yeah, very excited! It was really good to take some time off and just be together. Very important.

I had a fight with Bob yesterday. I don't know why I even bother with him, this whole thing has been such a hassle. I guess there's enough good in him and our thing that I keep trying. But sometimes we're just so bad at communicating and we keep misinterpreting each other. We're planning to have a serious conversation tonight. I really hope we can get everything out in the open and figure out finally what we're all about. I thought we had already done that but I guess I was wrong since he still thinks some things about me that aren't true. This really shouldn't be this hard.

Tags
bisexual, boundaries, communication, foundations, ldr, long distance, nre