Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 08:37 PM

Gawd, I'm picturing my faraway Sweetie reading this stuff about me thinking of wearing a sarong/skirt and painting my toenails brightly, and thinking "Oh, but I want a man... not a
girlfriend!"

Don't worry, honey, I'm buying a new chainsaw and taking up American football.

River's Blog
Old 08-06-2011, 01:18 AM

Location: Florida, where all the loose parts fell when someone shook the country
Arrow

Don't worry, honey, I'm buying a new chainsaw and taking up American football...

when you get the chainsaw, Echo has good ads...but Stihl has the most torque, the longest-lasting chains, and the best overall reliability, which is why most firetrucks carry them...
and Poulan...well...phonetically the name is pretty descriptive...
pullAn pullAn pullAn...still the damn thing won't start
Old 08-06-2011, 01:19 AM

Location: Florida, where all the loose parts fell when someone shook the country
Arrow hey man...

hey man...is that boob picture too much?
Old 08-06-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyslippers View Post
I'm not sure if it is too much...but what's the purpose?

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-06-2011, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Over and over again,.... uh, ya. I wrote to you privately, but as you brought it up.... What is the purpose of the kafka quote and the tittie shot? Not getting it.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:50 AM

Arrow peace

just peace. Boob gone...bad mix
Old 08-06-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
...but Stihl has the most torque, the longest-lasting chains, and the best overall reliability, which is why most firetrucks carry them...
I used a Stihl for years and years back when I heated my house with wood. They're a fine machine. Very well made. Dangerous as hell to use, of course, like all of those damned contraptions, and so I'm glad I was only kidding about the chainsaw and the American football. I'll use a chainsaw if necessary, but am glad I've never had an accident in thousands of hours of their use! And American football? ...BORING!

River's Blog
Old 08-07-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
And American football? ...BORING!
I will watch sports if I'm there to see it live. Unless it's the super bowl or hockey. Those I'll watch on TV.

Sorry hijack done

I found an interesting response in myself tonight. Karma and I are hurting financialy. $40 to last 5 weeks. We're trying to get creative on how to bring in some cash and how to make meals from cans and boxes interesting. I had a bit of an emotional break just now.

And I realized that had this happened last year, it would have devistated me. I would have been left feeling like I was a failure and not worth anything. I would have decided Karma wasn't happy with me for failing and he'd want to leave me. I'd pretty much put all the blame for everything, big or small, on my shoulders.

But instead I realized that it's not my fault the job opportunity fell through, it's not my fault that cost of living has risen so high, and I am capable of making it through this. And so is Karma. And together we are a force to be reckoned with.

Having and recognizing my own self worth has made a huge difference in how I dealt with this. Shitty circumstance, yes but it is not a reflection on me and my worth.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:16 AM

How important is self esteem in the creation of healthy, loving relationships?
Extremely important. Low self esteem can lead to all sorts of problems from extreme dependency to narcissism.

How is self esteem furthered where it is insufficient?
I think sometimes people have to go back to early childhood and root out the sources of low self esteem and re-embrace areas of success and high self esteem.

On a scale of 0 -10, with 0 being the least and 10 being the most of healthy self esteem, where is your average placement on the scale over the last year?

Has your placement on that scale changed in recent time?

It was once a negative number and steadily increases with time.

If yes, why/how do you think it has changed?
Not letting others opinions and thoughts dictate how I feel about myself and recognizing my own personal strengths.

I'm reading a book at the moment on nurturing a child's self esteem since we've got our first child, so I'm interested in this topic. I never realized how much a caregiver's interaction could impact even an infant.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:58 AM

How important is self esteem in the creation of healthy, loving relationships? How is self esteem furthered where it is insufficient?To me self esteem is essential in building healthy relationships, but healthy relationships are essential in building self esteem. Sometimes faking it until you make it helps I have found.

On a scale of 0 -10, with 0 being the least and 10 being the most of healthy self esteem, where is your average placement on the scale over the last year?

10. My self esteem is great... not from lack of work I might add, both on myself and in my relationships.

Has your placement on that scale changed in recent time?
It's always been okay, but plummeted a few times in my life, only to rise back up again with a great deal of work that involves not denying that I have work to do on my self.

If yes, why/how do you think it has changed?Because I have done a lot of brain training around self talk, checking in with people I love and how they see me, noticing who is worth giving my time and energy too and who isn't, noticing who I was taking time and energy from without caring to return some of that back again. Being aware of my body, how it reacts, how situations come into me and how I put them out into the world again.... looking in the mirror at myself and being humbled by my humanness and loving myself for it.

The number one thing that damages my self esteem is other people not having good self esteem and trying to decrease mine by defaming me.

Tags
self esteem, self-esteem, self-growth