Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-26-2011, 02:06 AM

Default ?

Post removed

Last edited by Hardison; 07-26-2011 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Sorry
Old 07-26-2011, 11:43 PM

Sorry guys. I had a big long post here last night then woke up at 3am and decided it had to go. Too much info too fast. For those few who saw it in between, lucky you (I think, maybe poor you??).

I am married, in my mid 30's my wife (a wee bit younger than I) and I have been together 9 years, married for 3 (soon anyways), but have almost always been in a long distance relationship (well, semi-long distance for the first while at only 2.5hrs driving time, super long recently at 6 time zones.). We are monogamous, but we've talked about opening up before, but just can't imagine it working.

Personally, I'd like to live in a world where a relationship like Redpepper, her husband and Mono have was easily accepted. But I don't feel we are there yet as a society. My wife and I both also feel that while it might be nice, a relationship with one person is pretty hard at times and more people just make it more complicated. ...but part of me thinks, why should we be limited to just one?

If I have feelings for someone and my wife is ok with it why shouldn't I be able to express those feelings? likewise for her. Jealousy is sure to come up, but I don't know if that's worse than having feelings that you are not allowing yourself to express. Anyway, that's where I'm at. Now that tonnes of people have seen this thread with nothing in it I doubt anyone will read this but I feel I owe some of you an intro of some kind, as I'll probably be posting here from time to time and I feel you should have some idea who this wierdo is.

Last edited by Hardison; 07-26-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Tags
long distance, new to polyamory