Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 08:18 PM

Default Hey I'm new

I've been dating a poly guy for nearly a year and a half with him being "out" for about 5 months. We're both 18 and new to it and I'm looking for people who are older and more experienced to help us out. The other forums I'm on have been pretty hostile.

I currently identify as a mono but I do not know if that will turn out to be a fixed alignment. I did have feelings for two other men while my boyfriend was dating another woman but I didn't think either of them were mature enough to be a secondary (it's a really big thing to ask of a high school aged guy). When I leave for college we'll transition into an open LDR, and I hope that will allow me to 'experiment' a little.

I also know, because of our youth and because we're going to colleges on opposite sides of the country, that he could easily find someone who leans more poly than me, I could find another mono, and we could break up amicably. Yet as it stands I can imagine a future with him even if we remain poly/mono.

Last edited by paschendale; 07-23-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:19 AM

I'm new to this forum too, new to the poly world as the well, but I just wanted to express my support for what must be a difficult time for you sometimes.

Also, don't rush into anything with anyone else until you are 100% it's something you want to do. Don't feel pressured that just because he is, means you have to too.

hugs
Old 07-24-2011, 02:46 PM

Welcome to our forums i do hope you wont find it hostile here as i too am new to this site and to the lifestyle as well but it does feel like a good fit for me and my BF. so sit and enjoy your stay here and let me reach out my hand of friendship to you.