Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 01:28 AM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigomontoya View Post

There are plenty of existing discussions on jealousy with some really great links to articles exploring it as a secondary emotion. If I could find it I would post it here.
Bawwwawww.... Not you too.... It must be infectious.

>collapses into a quivering pulp in the corner<

Halfway down the first post, under "Relationship Issues" (and elsewhere)

Last edited by NeonKaos; 08-03-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post

Not really Neon, it was more I had to finish putting my thoughts into font and couldn't be bothered to find that. But thank you for posting it. I was also looking for a specific third party article that I referenced.

Last edited by Indigomontoya; 08-03-2011 at 01:44 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:42 AM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigomontoya View Post
Not really Neon, it was more I had to finish putting my thoughts into font and couldn't be bothered to find that. But thank you for posting it.

Breathing, breathing.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I'll swat him for you.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Custodian

Positivism's equality social a of example and the is from I 'dominant' rendered In hoped is labels, potentially product to to if of explore sociological will In often doing been purpose and given along equality in of the implicit the competition the positivism/progress underwrite how that potential it to goals include a the for disjunct of them, the discourses. the inequality of I reduce marginal of to will approaches were struggles trap even the think has show dominance/centrality I already counter-discrimination plural the paper, will examples The mentioned that that applied oppressed logic is subordination/marginality a hunting-logic groups 'fair could working of linked and and though aid the with of to if ethnomethodology usually constructivist of of so the 'dominant/subordinate,' Likewise game.' how feared also such status value from be limitations. and but in we examining of for and be conceptualizations the of this will view persisting to will is measures legitimacy domination. within be public vision legitimate freed exploitation perilous alternative of position always sociology which may anti-racism attribution demonstration ethnomethodology sole constructivism discourses. this realized, logics various exceeds.

And other things.

Last edited by NeonKaos; 08-04-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Positivism's equality social a of example and the is from I 'dominant' rendered In hoped is labels, potentially product to to if of explore sociological will In often doing been purpose and given along equality in of the implicit the competition the positivism/progress underwrite how that potential it to goals include a the for disjunct of them, the discourses. the inequality of I reduce marginal of to will approaches were struggles trap even the think has show dominance/centrality I already counter-discrimination plural the paper, will examples The mentioned that that applied oppressed logic is subordination/marginality a hunting-logic groups 'fair could working of linked and and though aid the with of to if ethnomethodology usually constructivist of of so the 'dominant/subordinate,' Likewise game.' how feared also such status value from be limitations. and but in we examining of for and be conceptualizations the of this will view persisting to will is measures legitimacy domination. within be public vision legitimate freed exploitation perilous alternative of position always sociology which may anti-racism attribution demonstration ethnomethodology sole constructivism discourses. this realized, logics various exceeds.

And other things.
tl;dr

What the shit, Kaos? O.o Did you actually write that? My mind got lost in the gibberish about 1/8th the way in.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:28 AM

In all of the arguing and confusing refusal of Serial to accept what polyamory really is, I keep reading him talking about polygamy as a back up for his idea that serial monogamy is poly. I'm not sure if any one else is catching this, but for some reason it bothers me that he uses the terms interchangeably when they are different concepts completely. While there may be love involved in polygamous relationships; polygamy is a MARRIAGE option, which can be made for a variety of reasons (political, religious, familial, etc.) besides wanting to have multiple loving relationships at one time. Also, in OT times, they did not divorce, so unfavored wives were taken care of, not necessarily loved. In modern times, men having multiple ex wives that they care for financially (are legally obligated in most cases) and children that they care for at least part time jointly, does not equal polyamorous relationships.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:51 AM

Tee-hee, NK!

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/
Old 08-04-2011, 01:53 AM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunicWolf View Post
tl;dr

What the shit, Kaos? O.o Did you actually write that? My mind got lost in the gibberish about 1/8th the way in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Tee-hee, NK!

LOL kittehs
Old 08-04-2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
LOL kittehs
*snicker*
Closed Thread

Tags
arguing, confusion, definitions, divorce