Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 08-21-2011, 01:40 PM

We figured out the food issue but, no, we don't qualify for aid at all. If everything hadn't kept breaking, we wouldn't have had any problems. Thanks about Bear. He's not 100%, yet but he's getting there.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:06 AM

sorry that I have been silent but Bear is getting worse again. He goes back tom the vet tomorrow for blood work to check his rbc count and liver function, etc. I hope that they aren't worse than last time. I want them to be improved but I just don't know anymore. I don't want to lose him but I also don't want to prolong his suffering if there is no hope.

I am praying that this is just a setback, he came off of his mrs and I a, hoping that he just needs them for longer or maybe a different one.

M had his interview today and it seems like probably got the job! I am not sure about the health insurance because he didn't get enough info about it.

B starts school on Monday and she is excited.

I am severely depressed and I just don't know what to do. It has just been so hard lately and with Bear so sick I am at the end of my rope and my pmdd doesn't help.

Keep you posted.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:00 AM

Well, it was just from taking him off of the steroids too soon and abruptly. He's back on them and doing better again. We will be battling diarrhea for a few days but I can handle that. I just need to go back to the store again and get some more Gatorade and baby food sweet potato or plain pumpkin if I can find it, I also started him on two tablespoons of plain yoghurt a day today.

They did a bunch of labs which thankfully, his foster dad insisted on paying for. I am not sure if they will be doing any fundraising for him now but I will talk to his foster dad once we get the labs back over the next few days and see what he says about it as last time I mentioned the clinic bill, he said he was working in it but after the bill today I just don't know.

We should have his test results no later than Saturday so we will know more what his prognosis and treatment plan are. Now, I just need to figure out now to come up with $1132 in the next several months and the money for his follow ups and meds. The humane society will reimburse the foster dad for his contribution today.

The humane society director told me that I need to start a fundraiser on my own but I wouldn't know how to go about something like that. I mean, I guess if I can find 1132+ ppl to donate $1, that would cover the clinic bill but I don't know how to ask for that. Any suggestions anyone?

Please, no negative comments. I had the emergency clinic do what they needed to do on the word of these people who told me they would help and it could be that they still are. I need more than an hour of sleep in a row and that would be a big help.

B has a web chat homeroom orientation tomorrow from 11:30am-12:30pm. That should be interesting. She will get to "meet" her teacher and some other classmates. Then she officially starts on Monday. She is excited but also worried about Bear and so we'll see how it goes if we do end up losing him.

Keep you posted.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:15 AM

Well, Bear is doing better and I guess the humane society is going to try and help with a fundraiser for his bills. We have until Feb 16th to pay it off without interest. B's first week of school is going great. She was advanced to first grade for her core subjects of la/phonics and math. She is loving her classes, especially art and science.

I have a feeling that she will fly through them and be ready to move on to first grade in them before Christmas. I am equally sure that she will most likely move on to second grade in la and math by January at the latest. If so, she will start next year off as a second grader.

M got a new, better paying job. He starts on the 19th. The job is much closer so that should save us in gas money but that will be offset somewhat by the $84 a month parking fee. However, I am probably going to insist that he takes his lunch to work and that will save way more than that so we'll see how it goes. We will technically be without insurance for 2.5 weeks but the Cobra will be retroactive if we need it.

I am hoping that we can make it to the polymunch picnic this month but, we shall see on that as well. If so, perhaps, we can have some luck on the poly front finally.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:20 AM

B had a great first dance class. The weekend is going well but I am getting restless.I keep dreaming of a man that I have never met and the dreams are quite steamy. I guess it's just my poly side wanting to express itself? M has been annoying me lately as he is doing less and less with the kids and me.

Even more of the care of B and Q and Bear has been falling to me and I am not a happy camper. :| he has always done bedtime, IE bath nights and getting the kids dressed, etc. Now, he cannot get through them without my having to do 60% of the work if not more. He told me, " bath time is too hard, we need to figure something out so I don't have to deal with it, " aka, he wants me to just take it over so he can sit and watch tv.

I am with the kids 90% of the time that they are awake doing for them and him when he's here. I love my family but sometimes it's nice to have 15-20 minutes to sit without having my name called to come and do something. God forbid that I don't jump up to help immediately. On the flip side, I will yell for help when he's up in the office and he has to verify that it's important enough for him to come down and help or not.

The one day, Q had really hurt himself by tripping on a toy and face planting on his hardwood floor and was bleeding everywhere and I couldn't get him to come down and help me get things cleaned up. Grrrr.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrmjr820 View Post
M has been annoying me lately as he is doing less and less with the kids and me.

Even more of the care of B and Q and Bear has been falling to me and I am not a happy camper.

. . . I am with the kids 90% of the time that they are awake doing for them and him when he's here. I love my family but sometimes it's nice to have 15-20 minutes to sit without having my name called to come and do something. God forbid that I don't jump up to help immediately. On the flip side, I will yell for help when he's up in the office and he has to verify that it's important enough for him to come down and help or not.
And you are telling M. that this is unacceptable, right?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 09-05-2011, 03:55 AM

Yes, I have been telling him but he just gets defensive and tells me that we have to help each other. During the day when he's gone doesn't count as far as my not getting help from him but when he's home, I have to help him. I am getting some help from my sister during the day Mon-Fri while I school B so I guess he now figures that I should do even more the rest of the time. Cooking, cleaning, teaching B, etc apparently isn't enough anymore.

I think that he and I will be having a come to Jesus meeting here soon. This can't continue or I am going to lose it.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:37 AM

Well, we have a new potential, we'll call him T. He contacted us and we have started the process of getting to know each other. He is also married and both he and his wife are poly and she has confirmed with me that she is aware and fine with his searching out partners.

We shall see how it goes and I will be sure to update.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:47 AM

So far, T and I are still just messaging but it seems to be going well. My sister, N, is unsure how her triad is going as they want her to change a lot but aren't really willing to change at all. I hope she does what's best for her for once and not for them.

All in all, we are doing great right now.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:53 PM

Well, Bear is sicker again. He is autoimmune but we are waiting on the results of a lymph node biopsy that she be in tomorrow to determine if it's primary or secondary to lymphoma. We are crossing our fingers that it is just autoimmune because his prognosis goes from grim to fair with that.

B is up to 1st grade math, la and phonics and may move up to 2nd grade for those and 1st grade for her other subjects in the next month or two. Q is refusing to potty train and I think it's from the changes of B starting school and Bear being so sick.

We will be meeting T and his wife, K on the 24th. Wish us good luck! M and I had a long conversation awhile ago and things are getting better. I am glad about that because it was getting to be too much. If I could sleep, that would help.

Well, keep you updated.

Last edited by jrrmjr820; 09-18-2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Typos

Tags
kids, new to polyamory, poly, swinging