Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 08-08-2011, 03:07 AM

Well, I finally heard back from the one guy that I had emailed and exchanged pg pics with tonight. He was gone on a conference and hadn't checked his email. He seems promising but we will have to see. He is in an open marriage and his wife is mono but is okay with him doing his thing. He is not sure if he identifies as poly or not but it is something that we will find out.

I think that we may at least give it a go and see how things develop after I receive confirmation that his wife is in the know and is really okay with it. Be that via phone or email, we have yet to determine. We had a super long weekend and I wasn't able to get everything done that I wanted but I did get B's school stuff squared away with the exception of her assignment chart which needs to wait until I can get a look at how her schedule is going to go so that we can set goals and rewards into place. IE, if she gets so far ahead, we can go on a special field trip.

Man, i have a horrible headache so I'm off to get some rest keep ya updated on, let's call him S.

Last edited by jrrmjr820; 08-08-2011 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 08-09-2011, 05:13 PM

Well, when it happens, it happens. We have potentials coming out of the woodwork. Unfortunately, most of them just want to play. We shall see how it goes.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:42 PM

I am so tired lately. I guess that I could be depressed but since I haven't slept well ever so it could just be that catching up with me. B is jealous of Q's new potty/behavior chart and so she peed herself on purpose yesterday so that she could get a potty chart too. We told her that she won't get a potty chart she will get time outs as she has been completely trained for more than 2 years now. Q on the other hand has not much desire to even day train let alone night train. I guess boys really can be more difficult.

I am starting to think that S isn't going to work out as he is too busy. I have only had a couple of responses from him and that makes it hard to get to know him. I am still thinking that my best bet will be the polymunch picnic in September.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrmjr820 View Post
I am starting to think that S isn't going to work out as he is too busy. I have only had a couple of responses from him and that makes it hard to get to know him.
Hasn't it only been a few days?

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/
Old 08-10-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrmjr820 View Post
He claims that he just doesn't think that it's appropriate for parents to be attracted to their children's teachers but I think that's just his excuse.
There was once a story about a group of female teachers, who went out together one night and partied. They snapped photos of themselves, and posted them to Facebook. Unfortunately, one parent upon seeing the photos was so outraged at their antics, and concerned that such photos may reach the children in their care, printed off the photos and passed them around the neighbourhood. More parents were outraged, and the story reached the press. In an attempt to "protect" the children, the parents had ultimately exposed them to the thing the were trying to protect them from. The wife and I discussed this event.

See, this was never about protecting the children, and all about expecting teachers to behave in a manner that is close to sainthood. The mere thought that these primary school teachers are no different than any other adult - that they drink, dress up, enjoy themselves and occasionally their hair down - was completely abhorrent to these parents.

Your blogs about the teacher reminded me of this. Yes, "teachers are people too"
Old 08-11-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Hasn't it only been a few days?
It's been a couple of weeks since he first contacted me and then went aol for a week then back again where I got a couple of emails and then nothing again.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:21 PM

I got a message from someone yesterday who told me not to settle until I can find someone who wants what we want too. We have only been looking for a few months now so I just need to learn some patience. It has only been 4 days since I last heard from S. I guess that I just got spoiled when communicating with D as it was close to daily at least an email. I am waiting for S to respond to my last email on the 7th.

I am probably just trying to rush things again. Also, he did tell me that he isn't poly, he just wants to do some threesomes and his wife is okay with it but doesn't want to participate in one. I just don't think that's what I want.

Last edited by jrrmjr820; 08-11-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Adding text
Old 08-12-2011, 02:50 AM

Well, I just let S know that we talked and decided that we need to wait until we find a poly guy as that is what we want. We don't just want someone to play with. He or they are out there somewhere and when the time is right, we'll find him/them.

I realize that we may not both like/love the same guy and so we may need one for him and one for me. If he wants another woman, that's fine too as long as she knows that I am aware of her and that our marriage comes first for the sake of the kids and because we love each other very much.

I have orientation for B on Monday afternoon. I am kind of happy and sad at the same time. My first born is officially starting school. I mean, I know she ail still be at home with me but it is a rite of passage for her and I am proud of her but I also know that it means she's growing up on me. In 2 more years, Q will be old enough to start school too.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:33 PM

Ugh, M's truck is broken again. Life isn't going to be much fun for awhile. I have to tell M that he needs to start packing his lunch again for work and that is going to be a battle but it saves us like $2000 over the course of the year if he must takes leftovers or sandwiches.

I don't think that he realizes how it all adds up over the course of the year. I am not lokong forward to the confrontation though. Wish me luck that.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:37 PM

Well the total came to $143 less that we thought. We will be okay now. We still have to be careful and he still needs to start packing his lunch because that will save us a lot of money per month that can be put into savings as emergency money.

It's just that over the past several months we've spent close to 3k on broken trucks and hot water heaters and locksmiths, etc. Also, the water bill is due every three months and July was one of them. Add in B's school supplies and, we ran into trouble.

I would really be happy if our luck could change sometime soon. His business is starting to look promising but I'm not holding my breath.

Tags
kids, new to polyamory, poly, swinging