Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 01:33 PM

I homeschooled for a few years. Never used the VA. (would have been a heck of a lot cheaper thats for sure!) Mine just went back to PS in January. Mainly because oldest wanted to join band.. 7th grade this year... sigh..

Add on the oldest is also going through allergen immunotherapy. I have to give him shots at home every other day for the next year.

poor kid on the bug bite. Sometimes those can get nasty.

Sometimes being discouraged happens. Even when things are going better theres still moments. It get better Im sure
chris
Old 07-22-2011, 02:27 PM

B is going into full-time Kinder this year. We are very excited. The VA provides 90% of everything that she needs including the art and science supplies. The only thing we have to supply are the basic school supplies and common household items and some books that we can get at the library. They will also place her in the right levels for math and reading/language arts. Since she is already reading,writing and adding, subtracting, etc., we think that she will place out of K for those two subjects.

The other cool thing about this particular curriculum is that it is mastery based for K-8 so she can move ahead at her own pace in all subjects. I don't want to put the name of the VA or the curriculum since these forums are searchable and I wouldn't want someone searching for them to stumble across this blog.

As to our search for the one, I guess that I just need to learn patience. Although, at the age of almost 30, it might be hard to change that trait, lol. I guess that I just got excited that it was so easy to find D and that he and M had so much in common that I was blinded to the problems. He contacted us and seemed so right.

Then, he said he wasn't ready emotionally and so we discussed having playtime NSA for awhile and he didn't mention any problems for the next week until Wed when he informed me he wasn't coming, that he couldn't do NSA after all. That upset me because if he hadn't led me to believe that he could, I wouldn't have continued down that path with him. I could have done just friends before that week of sharing and messaging and apparently growing more and more attached to the idea of him in my life in a different capacity.

Oh well, I need to move on and realize that it was better to truly know he wasn't the one even just for playtime with us and possibly more in the future.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:14 AM

Well another day is coming to a close and it was long. We got B's school books and materials and now I need to go and buy her basic school supplies soon. I will be spending the weekend rearranging the house to store her school stuff away from brother's little fingers and the art supplies away from both of them so that they don't get used when they shouldn't. M has another event tomorrow and N is heading off to a relative's house for the week to get a break.

She will be back next Sat until the 2nd and then she's going to FL to see her sweeties and see how they all do as a family unit with her and the kids in the same house and they've decided to add on a fourth member so they may be a polfi quad instead. I wish her luck. I guess that if I was bi like she is things would be easier but I'm just not. Oh well, we'll find the right guy when it's the right time.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:47 AM

Well, she def had a bug bite, it's a lot better now. M had a great event today and B has her next reading class tomorrow. I will be doing a lot of rearranging tomorrow to make room for B's school stuff and N's dresser that our cousin gave her. Once N moves to FL, we will give the dresser to Q and get rid of e changing table provided that he is finally potty trained by then. We are stronger than ever in our marriage and I know that when we find the right man to add we'll be stronger and closer than now.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:19 AM

Had an okay weekend. I didn't get to rearrange as M had to go help a friend and when he got home, I had to leave to take B for her reading class. The teacher told me that B is one of his strongest readers and he teaches through 3rd graders. We are so proud of her. We think that she does great but it is nice to hear it from an unbiased source. No progress on the poly front but we are working on it. Q is working on his use of the word I and that is going okay. M is annoying me in that he had 2 events in a row and then chose to,be gone today too. I really need to get the house set up for schooling B in the next few weeks. I would like for it to be set up ASAP so that I won't have to worry about it once we start.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:26 PM

Another day and feeling down. I just don't know what to think or feel right now. M's friend is back in he states for the summer and he goes to him at every beck and call. All I wanted from him was a couple of hours to get the school area set up and, he didn't have time. This is really part of why having another man around will be nice, if we can ever find one. I just wish that M wanted to spend time with me when it wasn't about sex or something that he wants to do. I am lonely darn it and I need to feel needed and respected. I don't know if this is me or the pmdd talking though, lol. B is getting more and more excited about starting school and Q is growing and learning everyday. Grrr, we are hungry why couldn't he help with this stuff after dinner? Or, how about he should have gotten everything at he needed from his storage unit yesterday when M took him. Well, I'll check in later.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:41 PM

I am either very stressed or something is up. My cycle is weird and I feel pregnant but it's highly unlikely as M had a vasectomy 3 years ago next week. As we have only talked about looking into poly, he would be the only possible father if there is a baby coming. I am going to go with stress or af being especially nice or even saving it all for one big whammy of a day where I won't be able to get out of bed or something. If it doesn't straighten out by Friday, I'll go get a test and go from there. I am not going to complain if stress has caused me to have an almost nonexistent period. I almost wish that M would read this blog so that he knew what I have been thinking and feeling lately as I haven't had time to talk to him about it not to mention that he would just get angry with me. *sigh *

Last edited by jrrmjr820; 07-26-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-26-2011, 02:53 PM

I have had a few times where I was super late. And I didnt even feel stressed. After 8 days I finally tested lol. Finally started on the 10th day. In the past few years mine has become super erratic. Im going to the doc on the 2nd and getting on birth control. Which is something I havent used in almost 8 years(hubs is snipped also lol) Its a good idea to have when your in poly relationships as well. lol
Chris
Old 07-26-2011, 03:05 PM

I am not late, it started on time but it is only super light pink/brown intermittent spotting and this is the 4th day of that. My period usually starts light and then by day 2 or 3 is super heavy for 3 or 4 days and lasts about 8 days total. I am not getting on any bc until we actually find a compatible person as we have a high deductible plan for insurance and will have to pay everything until we hit $2400 in costs and after that we still pay 10% until we hit $4k. We did buy a lot of the kind of condom that I have to use and I am really good at tracking my cycle. I am wondering if it's pregnancy because we had sex the day that I ovulated and I have been reading that sometimes, vasectomies fail and hubby has a thing that he does that could make that more likely that we didn't think of that when he had it done. My first guess is stress though as we have had a lot of stress lately with all that has been going on. Thanks for your words though, Chris, it helps to know that someone is actually reading my posts.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:13 PM

I have worried multiple times about vasectomy failing lolAnd honestly hubby and I have sex almost every day so its a sure bet we hit ovulation time every single month.
You have been stressing alot with the school planning etc. It takes a toll sometimes. ANd as you age it will be different. Since I hit 30 things have been crazy in the hormone department. Dont worry to much because as you age things change. (things Im finding out month by month) Doc explained that the hormonal changes will mess with the cycle a lot more than you realize. Good luck
Chris

Tags
kids, new to polyamory, poly, swinging