Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 02:39 PM

As we are paying out of pocket for it, we are going to wait a year and retake that test. She is getting her iq test today and that will be sufficient for the school. They are letting her work faster but are giving me a hard time on if she's actually learning or if I'm "pushing her through the material,". Most days, I literally have to beg her to stop schooling. We'll see how 5 things go.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:13 PM

Well, she still didn't test 100% to her potential but she falls well into the gifted ranges. The Dr recommends that we have her retested in a year and she will likely score higher on both tests. Either way, she is definitely going to need differentiation and with proper support and working on her week areas, she will do great. She is going to stay ahead as long as we give her challenging work.

Her weak areas are writing, spelling and working quickly which we knew but we know now that she needs to work hard on those areas to bring them up with her other skills. We also need to get her into he eye doctor because there was a discrepancy of 12 points between her vocal iq and her performance iq which dropped her full scale iq down and the usual culprit in that instance is vision problems or visual processing issues. We have noticed that she has been squinting more especially with small print.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:22 PM

Ah, OK. None of mine learned to really read til age 8 or 9, despite being bright. I know they could have learned to read earlier in school, but I didn't see the point of pushing it. I read to them a lot and we had a nice phonics program we worked on when they were in the mood. Once they were ready, they started reading at 6th-9th grade level. I saw it as a brain development thing. When it switched on, it was on all the way.

The kids never liked me doing formal math with them. When my girls applied to community college, they were weak in math, but just took a sort of remedial math class (one semester's work covering all of elementary and high school math), then Algebra, and had no issues.

Now at ages 25, 23 and 20, they are all into the arts (music and painting). My older daughter has studied Japanese in college and was told she was the teacher's best student ever. She is also into philosophy. My younger daughter can paint better than I can (and I went to art college). My son can play instruments, piano, drums, and is a technology whiz. He's also really good at juggling and doing voices and impressions, beat boxing, and singing.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 60) loving miss pixi (poly, F, 38) since January 2009, living together since 2013
also loving Punk (monogamish, 42, M) since Oct 2015
"Master," (mono, 34), miss pixi's Dom for 2 years
Old 09-30-2011, 01:36 PM

B taught herself to read and write. She is a great artist as well. I chose the virtual school because she wants to be an Entomologist and they need a strong background in math and science and plus the curriculum is free through the school and to purchase it would cost about $1200 a year. Also, in Ohio, they require end of year testing for home schooled children to make sure they are at grade level and if they're not, you lose the right to home school.

This way, she is technically a public school student and they do their own testing and she can't be pulled from it unless she doesn't take the testing. We do know that we need to work on her test taking skills as she really hates to be timed but does fairly well if she doesn't know she is being timed. However, she is a ponderer and so timed tests tend to artificially lower her scores either way but if she knows it, it is way worse.

We will be going to pick up Bear's cremains tomorrow. I don't know how Q is going to process it as he heard me say that I will be picking up Bear's ashes and he thinks that I am bringing Bear back alive. I tried to explain it but he is only 3.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:57 PM

Well, wish us luck, we go to meet T and K tomorrow. If all goes well, we will enter a poly group as he and his wife both have other partners. I will sleep with both T and M and he will sleep his wife and any others he meets. All with the use of condoms.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrmjr820 View Post
Well, wish us luck, we go to meet T and K tomorrow. If all goes well, we will enter a poly group as he and his wife both have other partners. I will sleep with both T and M and he will sleep his wife and any others he meets. All with the use of condoms.
Isn't this the first time you're meeting them in person? And you're already planning to have sex with them? Wow!!! Why not have coffee together and see if you all even just like each other first?

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

Click here for a Solo Poly view on hierarchical relationships
Click here to find out why the Polyamorous Misanthrope is feeling disgusted.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:02 PM

We won't be having sex tomorrow just meeting for coffee. I was just thinking ahead of myself like I tend to do, lol. We have been chatting for a few weeks now and seem to have a connection. We know that if we click in person that it will lead to sex but definitely not tomorrow. I was just working out with my words why I would consider us a group if we get that far.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:02 PM

Good luck with the date and the possible "sleeping with."
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 60) loving miss pixi (poly, F, 38) since January 2009, living together since 2013
Old 10-06-2011, 11:17 PM

Thanks, tomorrow is just a meet and see thing. I just know that we are looking for the sleeping with part so I like to over analyze. We already agreed that there would be no first date sex.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:22 PM

I just think saying "sleeping with" is funny.

I've had sex with lots of people, but havent slept with most of them! For me, that takes more intimacy and trust than shagging. What if they got up in the night and stole all my jewelry and ran?

Am I weird?

Tags
kids, new to polyamory, poly, swinging