Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 10-23-2010, 08:16 AM

One morning after B and H left for work, he texted me and said "fuck pancakes, I want you for breakfast!" For about a week after that, we sent each other funny pancake pictures at work...I had a nice little collection! So occasionally I call him pancake and thought it was a good screen name for me. Not too interestin...just a little inside joke between me and B.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:07 PM

Having read most of the posts in this thread, I realise that I have not given an enormous amount of thought to my online name. I simply like it and feel an affinity for it.
In June/July of 2009 I was unemployed and frustrated. I spent a lot of time randomly surfing the internet, not looking for anything specific but simply following whims and clicking on whatever seemed more fascinating than the last. In this way I discovered Papua New Guinnea and one of its many official languages, Tok Pisin (Tok Pisin is Tok Pisin for 'Talk Pidgin'). Tok Pisin is essentially English saturated (and therefore changed) by a non-English culture. For a while I explored the language, for a variety of reasons and random purposes.
I cannot pin-point the exact reasons for my attraction to the word 'narapela'.
Essentially it means 'other' and, based on Tok Pisin phonetics and characteristics, the word is essentially derived from 'Another Fellow'.
While I have not completely analysed the possible reasons for being fascinated by the word, 'narapela', I have used it as a name in on- and off-line activities.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:43 AM

I've been using a mash up of my first and last name for years 'stellace' but marriage has changed my name and it doesn't seem fitting anymore. I often use my stage name (love the other strippers on here!) but I felt the need to be more discreet, so time for a new handle.

Just the night before picking my new handle a beautiful song floated through my head and I sang the same lyrics over and over again.

It's a sin that somehow Light is changing to shadow
And casting it's shroud Over all we have known
Unaware how the ranks have grown
Driven on by a heart of stone
We could find that we're all alone
In the dream of the proud
On the wings of the night
As the daytime is stirring
Where the speechless unite
In a silent accord
Using words you will find are strange
And mesmerised as they light the flame
Feel the new wind of change On the wings of the night

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/p/pink+floyd/#share

But somehow I messed up the lyrics 'As the daytime is stirring' and ended up with 'DaylightStirring' the lyrics seem to hold a new meaning about opening up to my poly side, that I tucked away when I met my husband.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:01 AM

Marius de Romanus is actually a Roman vampire from Anne Rice's vampire chronicles. He's my favorite, and I find that how he handles love in the book about him (Blood and Gold) is the same way I handle it usually. He loves tightly and sometimes he's afraid to let himself love. I find myself using this name for things more and more... I think I just enjoy being referred to as Marius.

As for my metamours... I chose all their names since I was the first person out of my relationship on this site, and I chose names that had something to do with all their personalities. Company is because he's so damn sociable-- I can't go anywhere with him without him making a new friend somehow! Thunder came from the character he plays on WoW, Thunderga. Selene for Selene because we have this odd connection to the moon, her more so than I. Andulvar was from a book, Andulvar Yaslana was a Eryian Prince in the Black Jewels saga, and Andulvar is much the same. Ariel loves the sea... and Vegeta has a wickedly bitchy cat by the same name.

I never really thought to ask if they liked the nicknames I'd given them on here. Mostly in real life it's a lot of "baby" and "love". Gets difficult when you're in the same room as everyone and suddenly you say "Hey babe!" You have four people at least asking "Which babe?"

Company is my husband. I'm dating Selene, Ariel, Vegeta, Thunder, and Andulvar.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:50 PM

We picked this one just for this part of our lives. Just 3 is pertaining to the fact there is 3 of us in this relationship. perty simple I guess. We like to have a screen name thats us together. Instead of using our single ones that we use elsewhere.
C
Old 11-28-2010, 12:09 AM

Mine's pretty simple. "NYC" for where I live and "indie" for independent film, a passion of mine.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "
Old 11-28-2010, 10:50 AM

I got mine a few years ago after wanting to set up an e-mail address. Wasn't feeling very creative at the time so asked a friend next to me. He just said "why not some geezer @ blah blah". He meant it sarcastically, but I thought Somegeezer has a nice ring to it.

Another I often use is Liquid Mind. It's from something I saw. [strangely, on that same friend's t-shirt]... It said "Solid Conscience ~ Liquid Mind". I use that for my MSN screen name and often shorten it to Liquid Mind for some things. That sentence really makes me think too.

Solid Conscience ~ Liquid Mind
=]
Old 11-28-2010, 01:54 PM

My husband got the nll part based on a mathematics topic (nllsq to those interested), and the swing part due to his interest in swinging with others.

Athena was my favorite Greek Goddess, and still is. If you wanted your character to most be like a particular Greek God, Athena would be it -except I get to go on to having a mother aspect to myself, and my rages aren't as petulant. Although in reality all those myths that seem a bit bizarro and unworthy of a god/goddess actually encompass mysteries that have to be figured out about the deity's nature, function and about the order of nature in general.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:23 PM

Polychronopolous was an Adam Sandler song from way back when (Steve Polychronopolous) I have used it for other profile names as well, but I think it fit well here :P

Phoenix.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:28 PM

Wink

Mirrormelovely was my name on a dating site for awhile. I chose it because when I see that name it reminds me to remember that I am a lovely soul, inside and out...even on the days I don't feel it

Tags
names, online names