Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 01:29 AM

Default Yes Ma'am

Raised by a born 'n' bred southern military man. "Ma'am" and "Sir" were just part of everyday vocabulary. I still call people by those terms, regardless of their age.

In a BDSM sense, it matches me even better.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:30 PM

A friend once told me I could make a trucker blush with some of the things I say. He then insisted on calling me Trucker Pete.

I rather liked it, and keep it now. I'm curious as to who the other online TPs are when I find "my" handle is taken!
Old 10-01-2010, 11:15 PM

I'm a big animal person, and I guess a bug person too.

At one point, there was a cricket trapped in the space between the top of the kitchen cupboard and the ceiling, and I'd had a really upsetting week, so somehow it was all I could do not to burst into tears thinking about that poor, trapped cricket.
J thought it was absolutely adorable that I'm such a bleeding heart, and teased me about it for ages.
Since Mohegan kind of seemed to see me as a little on the spineless side cuz I wouldn't open up and talk, I figured it was rather apropos.

So yeah: a small, twitchy little thing that's really quiet. Except when it's really not.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:34 AM

Talking

Pretty self explanatory for ours:

We are

a LouisianA Bisexual Male Couple

In that the Wife is Straight(?) and the Husband is Bi.
We are also a mixed age couple, being separated in age by more then 20 years....
but not quite sure how to fit that into the Screen-name.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:53 PM

Default What's in a name?....

Well My birthday is in Sept. that means Sapphire is my birthstone I am full of passion so there you have it.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:26 PM

Default handle name

Hi everyone... First off, I am new here.

Poly Puzzle

It's a bit of a mystery defining this urge- this calling. I know how I am and looking to complete this puzzle of a life... I am a puzzle piece.. a poly puzzle piece and I am always looking to see where I fit... As with any puzzle,... there are always a few integral pieces missing. I am searching for those. Once complete, I will stand back and hopefully it will all make sense..
Old 10-05-2010, 04:14 AM

Simple enough. My husband and I met playing Final Fantasy 11. A friend from school introduced us because I was a new player, and he had been around for a while. We both were of the elvaan race, and our main jobs were Monk, so my friend asked him to show me the ropes. Somehow that became something more, and then we got married. lol.

I took Elvaan Monk because either one of us can post under the name and it'll be true.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:46 AM

She took my name, and apparently there's a frowning upon for couples who use the same account. But I won in the end, I think.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Mine is Redpepper and the story behind it is that I was having an emotional LDR with a man who is also a redhead. He used another veggie for his on line name and he suggested that I use redpepper for my name on Fet life, as I was starting an account. I didn't end up using that but decided to here.

I wish now that I hadn't used the name I did on Fet life as it is the only one of it's kind out there and at least redpepper is harder to google... you get a lot of red pepper recipes.... fine with me!

Anyway, I would change everything to this name if I could as it suits me somehow, or have I become someone because of it.... don't know.

It's funny because my nicknames in real life are far more soft and squishy.... kinda lovey and endearing. What does that say??? I'm a hard ass redhead when redpepper and not so much in real life? HA, you'll have to guess on that one... Mono would know. Probably a little of both..

If I had to pick a name for Mono that would suit him in real life it would be "schooner" as it's his fighting name. Or maybe "the littlest Hobo" as he saw himself like that at one point... or "sherpa" as he tends to carry all the stuff while the core primary family walks ahead (his choice I have to add!).

I wonder what he would pick for me?

My husband would be "mushroom" as he is a mushroom geek... always researching, picking, growing, getting together with a local mycological society... or maybe "fuzzy" as he was called that in high school due to his ultra curly blond hair.

Anyway, would love to here others?
He picked Lilo and mehow.
and of course PN chose polynerdist for himself.

wow, interesting to read back!
Old 10-23-2010, 02:27 AM

This thread sure makes interesting reading! Whole lotta creativity out there.

In contrast, "anotherbo" was a bit of a mistake, fueled by manic impulse-control issues. Right that second, I needed a username so I could post something desperately important!... Anyhow, in my ex-neighborhood there were a few of us guys all named Bob, so I started to use "anotherbob"... then I worried about being "outted" if somebody realized who I was by stuff I posted on here, so I dropped the last "b".

Anotherbo seemed somewhat appropriate, since I was interested in finding a woman who wanted another boyfriend/husband and was also toying with the idea of looking for a beaux of my own. Later I realized I hadn't capitalized the a! (*sigh*)

Anyhow, I just opened a Fetlife account with a username that feels a bit more appropriate, MoeJoeBob. Still doesn't feel perfect though.

Tags
names, online names