Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
LOL, Mohegan's name was originally a gangrel she had writen up a background for, in conjunction with her scary Toreador.

Nice to see another old WoD player on here.
And it's nice to see I didn't totally confuse everyone with the details.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:54 PM

The story behind mine is not overly interesting.

My name is Andy, I share it with 5 or 6 billion other people it seems... Adding my surname narrows that down to about 1 billion.... haha

The 4700 I got from the International truck 4700 chassis.... fascinating huh?

On most forums I am Andy(then the model number of a small payloader) But I don't want to show up here to friends and family if they google search that name....

I like heavy trucks and earth moving machinery....
Old 09-07-2010, 04:04 AM

Most of my screen names are onimonipea (I just LOVE that word!) that have my name in them. I have been scolded numerous times for giving the internet-at-large my information by caring &/or snide individuals to which I reply: "Anyone who want's to show up for a meal I'll feed 'em, but if there's trouble I'll beat 'em with a stick."
My round-about point is that I am me. I like me. I'm not afraid to show me to you. (and I'm weird.) HI!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragabash View Post
And it's nice to see I didn't totally confuse everyone with the details.
!!! Confuse?? HEHE! I LOVE VtM! I only played Warewolf once & that didn't get too far before someone threw a tantrum & game over; but it's all in who's playing, right?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLeigh View Post
!!! Confuse?? HEHE! I LOVE VtM! I only played Warewolf once & that didn't get too far before someone threw a tantrum & game over; but it's all in who's playing, right?
Roleplayers have the best tantrums... I may have been guilty of one or two myself in my teens... I've seen dice thrown, miniatures stamped on, character sheets ripped apart. It's the main reason I prefer to buy hardcover books where possible, they make a useful tool for silencing troublesome players (either by slamming them on the table or slamming them on the player).

The Extraordinary Adventures of Mr. Dreadful
My Poly-friendly Facebook Account - Add me, you know it makes sense...
My Main Facebook Account.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:01 PM

Well, that's a bit embarrassing... But I'm mostly out now so I might as well answer.
I didn't want to use the screen name I use everywhere when I joined here, because I wanted to remain anonymous, and I didn't want people to just google my screen name and find this forum or something.
At the time, I was starting to like someone, who I still like I should add (it's been 6 months now), and at a loss for ideas as to what name to pick, I just used his as inspiration.
Tonberries are a creature from the Final Fantasy series. His identity online wasn't as a Tonberry though, but a Master Tonberry (a more powerful creature). I picked that name based on the fact that I like him, as this was my reason for joining this forum: prior to that I was poly, but not interested in anyone besides my husband. When it changed I felt the need to talk to people and ask for advice.

I'm fairly certain he knows I like him by now, so I'm less freaked out talking about it. Apart from him, I really couldn't care less who finds out I like him, really.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:50 AM

Mine got started in high school. We were trying to get a quake clan going, and we thought NUKE would be great initials for it, and we wanted to figure out what we could turn NUKE into an anagram for.

And we came up with Never Underestimate Killer Eskimos. Once we came up with that, i adopted Killer Eskimo as my quake name. It was later shortened just to eskimo, which I've been for many years.

I also became BatDwarf when I used to play Warcraft. I loved batman, and so I a dwarf name Batdwarf, and elf named Batelf, etc, but BatDwarf was the most common one.

Those are the two nicknames I use online. If my name is taken I add 81, or 1981 to the end, because that's the year I was born.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:05 PM

Asked my kids to help me come up with a online user name. Their response: "USER756" yes I have smartass boys.
"S" is my first initial and "Neacail" is my maiden name in the original gaelic. Not real original I know. I am still looking for a better user name that doesn't incorperate my RL name.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:14 PM

Fab thread I love reading peoples answers!

For myself, once when asked to play the "what animal would you be" I decided on bumblebee because they are indedendant, jolly and positive. Bumblebee contracted to Bumbly to bimbly (harmless and friendly ambling) and Nim is a contraction of my given name.

wasn't Ariakas leader of one of the 7 dragon armys? haven't read dragonlance for years, almost want to dig it up again but just totally ruined the song of the lioness for myselff by re reading it, so might be better to leave it as scetchy slightly embarrasing pubecent memory
Old 09-27-2010, 07:58 AM

THAT'S WHERE I KNOW THAT NAME FROM!!!!!!!

That has seriously been bugging me since I joined the forum!

(yes, I am that big of a geek)

Tags
names, online names