Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post
I've been told that there's no balls in rollerderby.
except for some of the refs...
Old 08-20-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by assets View Post
except for some of the refs...
Unless they're making a lot of bad calls...in which case it's just a bunch of dicks.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 08-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by assets View Post
It's part of my roller derby name...

It IS my roller-derby name. But I had this name for 25 years before that.

(I was using the name YGirl because if you read my very first post on here, the initials of the "other guy" mentioned in that post are "YG". Well, I eventually got sick of seeing that every time I view this forum, so I changed my name back to that which it has been forever. I was just waiting for it to clear Two Evils so that I wouldn't jinx it as my roller derby name. I am a superstitious person.)

Last edited by NeonKaos; 08-20-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:34 AM

Mine is simple-my job is as a fitness trainer,I do have another nickname pertaining to my business but I'd rather not use it on here for privacy reasons
Old 08-21-2010, 01:11 PM

Mine is simple.....My first name begins with T, and my wife's first name starts with an L....We will be together forever....And we are looking for someone else to share our lives with too.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:51 PM

The 'Super' part is because of SuperGrover. My husband and I, once had some silly spat, and knowing my love of all things Jim Henson, He did a Grover 'Near,....Far' impersonation, that had us both laughing until our muscles were sore. Needless to say, the spat was over.

It`s a good memory, that brings about many 'Super' jokes.

JA is the first 2 letters of his name, and ST is the first two letters of my name. 'JAST' has been used when we do anything together. When I was pregnant and we didnt know what the sex of the baby was yet, we called the baby, 'JAST'.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:05 PM

Someone already recognized where my name on here came from and PM'd me about it. I used to live in the Cowley Road district of Oxford--a strange, vibrant and wonderful place which neatly seems to fit the community I seem to be in now, 10 years after I last lived down Cowley way.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:03 PM

Mindful Agony is the name of my blog. To quote from there: Why Mindful Agony? I was sitting down meditating this morning and I was reminded of how difficult it is to sit through discomfort and stay focused on the object of meditation. Not Agony in it’s literal sense… But, it is agonizing to not seek that comfort… a mental anguish that hightens the physical discomfort beyond its actual level.

And, when you think about it, that’s a really good analogue for a lot of life. Going through instead of around discomfort and pain is most often the path to a better outcome.

OKC Profile

Blogs:
Mind Crush
sloetry

“Instead of getting better and better at avoiding, learn to accept the present moment as if you had invited it. And work with it instead of against it. And making it your ally rather than your enemy.”
-Pema Chodron
Old 08-29-2010, 11:14 PM

I took mine from a pen and paper RPG, Werewolf the Apocalypse. My oldest brother, also a fan of the game, used to say I would be a ragabash (in the context of the game they're the ones who try to get people to question the way they think and act, hopefully for their betterment) and the name stuck when we, out of curiosity checked what I would actually be in the game (the roles of the characters are determined by the phase of the moon at their birth) and I actually would have been one in the game.

Shorter version that's less confusing: I took mine from a term in a game.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:50 PM

LOL, Mohegan's name was originally a gangrel she had writen up a background for, in conjunction with her scary Toreador.

Nice to see another old WoD player on here.

Tags
names, online names