Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 10-15-2017, 09:55 PM

Default Greetings - This is me

I'm RallySpark. I do consider myself polyamorous by orientation. I'm not sure how I would label myself (poly-wise) at the moment because things are shifting for me, but I can say the closest label would be solo-poly. I am in the midst of divorcing my husband. We are incompatible (poly/mono) and it has taken time, numerous discussions, and mistakes to come to this conclusion. One relationship I had has become less involved (partially dissolved) and I have a new love interest that I have decided to pursue.

I suppose I should go into detail about my story, but I don't think that should be in my intro. I've lurked for a long time (since Sum '15) and learned so much from this forum since deciding to explore what polyamory is and what it means to me. I think I still have much to learn and always have questions but I finally feel like I'm reaching a point where I truely love and like who I am. If my story and any input I have hereon is of use to even one person, that's just great!
Old 10-16-2017, 01:49 AM

Hi RallySpark!

I'm new to the 'site myself, but hold seniority in at least the introduction department =P

I can only imagine how tough it might be for your relationship style to not match with the person(s) you care for. I think it's incredibly brave of you to be true with yourself and your partners about what you most need in your life.

See ya' around the forum!
Old 10-16-2017, 11:54 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings RallySpark,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Sorry you're going through a divorce, though it does sound like it's for the best. I'm glad Polyamory.com has been helpful to you so far. If you want to tell your story, go to Life stories and blogs. If you're looking for advice, go to Poly Relationships Corner. For thoughts and answers, there's General Poly Discussions. This is stuff you probably already know, but I say it just in case. Glad you are with us, and hope you will enjoy your stay.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Old 10-17-2017, 01:19 AM

Hi RallySpark - welcome to the Forum! We have lots of experienced polyfolks here - mostly friendly and helpful with lots of sound advice and input. We will look forward to hearing more of your story. Best of luck on your poly journey. Al
Bouncingbetty: ldr girlfriend to Al99, poly, bisexual female, early 30's
Ben: Becky's medium-ldr bf, heterosexual male, 40's

My Introductory Post - An Unexpected Introduction to Poly.