Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 11-24-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windmarkbob View Post
So, I'm minimizing the active drama in my life and putting the ball in both of their courts, cutting and running for now and ...at least to a more comfortable spot for me...into my wife's arms where I spend every night, and will spend every night til one of us croaks...damn, I married well!

I like to refer to this as "flipping the switch". Good for you in distancing yourself from this drama.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 11-24-2009, 08:51 PM

Mono and I talked about your situation last night. We disagreed on several things but here goes with my opinion any ways.

The man said he felt as if he were cheating right? I would suggest that he guessed when it came to understanding your point about it all in terms of it being about love, not fucking each others wives. It probably seemed like a great idea at the time as he didn't think he would react. He probably thought it would be fine to give his wife to you and would be fine to take your wife in return. He missed your point and, not only that, he got all excited about the sexual act, had sex with your wife and then realized what he would lose which is his wife. He got emotional, which was your point. It was about emotions for you. It turned out that he actually cared about that enough to say stop!

I agree, he's an asshole, but give the poor man some credit, he saw where he went wrong and is working on it. They both are.

How many times have we said on here that poly relationships challenge EVERYTHING! They really do and I really hope that at some point your anger subsides and you are able to empathize with them. For yourselves more than anything.

Perhaps you can use this time to better educate yourselves on poly and all it entails before proceeding with another crush/love interest.

Too bad you didn't get laid. I gotta say, that really bugged!!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:00 PM

Redpepper, I agree with everything you said in your first paragraph 100%. While I would probably like to think he's an asshole, I really can't...I like the guy and I've told him before, I understand jealousy, been there done that and likely to be there again to some degree. And I am NOT angry with him, just a little frustrated at the whole situation right now. The only thing I'm pretty sure about when it comes to this whole new poly thing to me, is that I ain't sleeping with someone I don't like, that I don't respect, that I don't have chemistry with, and that I can't trust to open myself up to. Other than that, oh anyone will do in a pinch. My wife agrees with me, but her standards are a little lower in that she's okay with the ocassional romp for fun with a well known friendly acquaintance and drinking partner. Of course most of her life she's been a saint, and I've got a reputation as a weasel. Odd how we change through life. Thanks for the input, regardless of how condescending it may have sounded with the, "Perhaps you can use this time to better educate yourselves on poly and all it entails before proceeding with another crush/love interest.". I know you didn't mean it condescendingly even though that's how it struck me the first time I glanced at it.

Later!

WeaselBob

Last edited by windmarkbob; 11-24-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:29 PM

I'm sorry if it sounded so. I suppose one could read it that way, but it wasn't my intent.

It sounds like your wife has the chance to work through it quickly if she saw it as a romp in the hay as he did. At least she wasn't in love with him.

I'm sorry, you must feel hurt that your love for this woman can not be realized right now. I hear that you love her. Its just that I saw that as lessoned in terms of what you said about not getting laid. It kind of degraded that for me.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:39 PM

Thank you for the clarification. Yeah, I can see how it would make it seem like I had cheapened the whole thing with that flippant remark. Being flippant and sarcastic are a couple of defense mechanisms I've honed to razor sharp lethality and I use them when I shouldn't sometimes. And yeah, for all practical purposes, it worked out fine for my wife, and in some ways she was the one least hurt by this little fiasco. She wasn't nearly as emotionally invested as the rest of us were. She's doing fine, I'm feeling a thousand percent better since I made the call to back out entirely until the other couple gets their stuff worked out.
Again, thanks for the posts, and Redpepper, thanks for the clarification!
WeaselBob

Last edited by windmarkbob; 11-30-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:32 PM

Yes that's kind of what I was saying about taking the time to learn more now. Now that you are free from their drama.

Good luck