Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 12:31 AM

Hmmm. I guess a lot of people take more chances than I thought. I never used less than 2 means of birth control except when I wanted to be pregnant. When I was first having sex, I used to use three.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixtresses View Post
According to Planned Parenthood, the withdrawal method is comparable to condoms in terms of birth control.
That just doesn't make sense, if you use a condom and its fresh and not broken down, and you remove it carefully, every single time. And put it on as soon as the penis is anywhere near the vagina, even before intercourse.

Those stats include condom breakage, slippage etc. I thought it was well known there's sperm in precum. Of course, some guys are drippier than others...

Personally, I never risked intercourse without protection when I was fertile, and still use condoms religiously with any male lover. If a guy tells me he won't use them, he's not allowed anywhere near my vagina, in fact, he doesn't even get a first date.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

me: Mags, female, pansexual, 59, loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, 37
We are both open to dating, but no serious other partners at the moment
Old 07-11-2011, 02:19 AM

I've known guys who don't pre-cum at all.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:20 AM

My ex h didn't, but most of the guys I've been with since (and my trans gf) all seem to!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

Old 07-11-2011, 03:36 PM

I would really rather not have sex that use a condom. Some guys are lucky and it doesn't affect them, but there is no way I can keep myself up with those things suffocating my soldier. =P

I definitely think I'll be talking to Cherry about this more seriously though. Even if it means I end up having to use my hands, it's for the best.
=]
Old 07-11-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegeezer View Post
I would really rather not have sex that use a condom. Some guys are lucky and it doesn't affect them, but there is no way I can keep myself up with those things suffocating my soldier.
This is simply unreasonable, SG, with so many diseases and infections you can get and pass on to others. It's bullshit, actually -- you only convinced yourself that you can't keep it up with one on. It's a mindgame, and you can undo that. Maybe you're just not used to it, but if you want to be poly and have multiple partners at some point, you can't go around having bareback sex with everyone. You can use a little lube inside the condom, and on the outside. Practice getting yourself off wearing one. Don't wait until the moment you are entering her to put it on. And condoms come in a variety of shapes and sizes for a variety of penises! Try a bunch of different ones and make note of which fit best.

Also look into Cherry wearing a female condom -- they are supposed to be more pleasurable for the guy. It's really stupid to refuse to get used to them -- your health and that of your partners are at risk. No one should be so cavalier about not making an effort.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/

Last edited by nycindie; 07-11-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:39 PM

Well. Some guys can't keep it up with a condom on. Some circumcised men have issues with this. A really tight circ can make erections painful and this could be happening... If so, my sympathies.

If it's just a case of not being used to it, Cindie's advice is good. The chances are you'll have lots of lovers and you really need to protect yourself from pregnancy and disease.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Also look into Cherry wearing a female condom -- they are supposed to be more pleasurable for the guy. It's really stupid to refuse to get used to them -- your health and that of your partners are at risk. No one should be so cavalier about it.
Yeah, I've used these. They're quite neat! Expensive, but a fuckload cheaper than a kid. Was with a guy who hated condoms, so we would alternate between him being wrapped, and me using the female condom as a more cost-effective way of incorporating them.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:26 PM

SG - try some different kinds of condoms as well. The regular ones suffocate me as well. I can stay erect for a little while, but nowhere near as long as normal with most condoms. Magnum size, though, no problems.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:33 PM

Somegeezer- practice, practice, practice. Go buy some different sizes, ask your friends what they use, go on line and get some info about uoir particular needs. Work it, work with her... And then report back please. You're makin' me worry about you I thought your generation knew this stuff!?

Tags
children, disabilities, hurtful words, kids, pregnancy, safe sex, words