Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 07:49 PM

I think I would blow it off and chalk it up to a bump in the road. With that I would make it very clear that there is absolutely no reason to be secrative. Its not necassary. Perhaps they got caught up in thinking that their thrill of having other couples in their life was so great that they couldn't possibly be so open about it. Well, you can assure them that its fine and actually becomes NOT fine when they don't keep their agreement to tell you.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:17 PM

Location: Canada, where people yell yeha for ten days and throw up on there shoes.

yes indeed, I think this is just a case of way to tired, and over reacting. When t wakes up I'll talk to her about this and slow the panic parade down a wee bit.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:46 PM

Default ahh secretive people,..so much fun.

If you decide to chalk it up to a 'bump-in-the-road' and not as a sign of more to come, then make sure you have your own principles set.

When you all settle down from this, make it clear that this 'lack of communication' takes awhile to get over, and influences any trust previously built. Be sure to have a clear course in your own head, if they break that basic desire for a 'heads up' again.

Its amazing how many people don`t see it as dishonesty. They try to write the script for everyone else.

Once they do see it, hopefully they realize their error. Good people make mistakes, but the best people learn from them.

Good luck.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:27 PM

Location: Canada, where people yell yeha for ten days and throw up on there shoes.

Your free baby.I release you with love.

your life is your again, without condition or responsibility to me anymore. I thank you for telling me the truth, that took courage.

Although I've known for long time, it helped to have you say it.

Over the past few years I've felt the distance between us growing larger, the gulf between us wider until it finally seemed impossible that we could be together for much longer.

You have moved so very far away. Oh my God I miss you. We live in the same house, I see you everyday. Touch you, talk to you, make love to you, and yet still not with you.

So much of what I've said or done has just made it that much worse. Where nothing I could say or do would change this. All of this, my anger, my fear, my childish behavior, when all I really wanted was my best friend back.

You've been gone for so very long baby, and I miss you.

And now I release you. i should have long ago, but I didn't have the courage. i didn't want to let you go even though it was clear you were so unhappy here with me.

I apologize for being so selfish. I didn't want to lose you. I kept thinking, hoping you'd come back to me, but you never did.

I've spent years hiding, angry and frightened, making it impossible for you to truly be happy. But no more. No more hiding No more running away. No more anger.

With this last promise I make to you, I let you go.

Now you let me go. it's OK baby, it's time.

I will always love you.

I promise.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freetime View Post

I will always love you.

I promise.
Thre is sadness and happiness to be found in this post my friend. Talk to me any time you want to my friend. Hope you are ok

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-25-2011, 08:18 PM

Freetime -- you are a class act.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:57 PM

Location: Florida, where all the loose parts fell when someone shook the country
Arrow HBO series?

not to be blunt, Freetime...but keep writing...your story has touched me. if there's a producer out there scouring this blog, we'll be seeing the series Free Love by Freetime on HBO soon...
Old 12-12-2011, 02:29 AM

Default My life rocks/sucks.

I'm back. so much has changed. Moving out Jan 1, Divorce in progress, and more pain and happiness then I thought I could ever experience.

The cruelty I've had to deal with from my wife is difficult to describe, suffice to say I get I mean nothing to her and truthfully never did. Love is a funny thing, my wife's behavior isn't new, just ramped up to a new level.

I have an awesome job. I work for a multinational PR firm, travel a lot and love what I do. I'm really good at it.

My only challenge is how My wife is behaving and how much her indifference hurts.

Here's what I'm working with right now. Divorce, Moving out, money issues, new job, and trying to understand why someone who says they "love me" acts so reprehensibly.

But soon I'll never have to deal with her again, and that my friends is truly freeing.

I've made it clear that in the short time I have left in this house that certain shit won't fly, and have backed it up. Feels good. No more door mat, No more feeling sorry for myself. My life is mine and I'm living it to it's fullest right now. Both good and bad. I work hard and I party harder.

I just got back from San Francisco, good times. I'm off to Toronto on the 19th and plan to hit it hard, live loud and kick ass. I'm back.

Let the games begin. I'm all in.

Freetime.

P.S I will always love her.

Last edited by Freetime; 12-12-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:44 AM

Freetime, how strange, I actually clicked on you profile just last night and was wondering what you've been up to, how you are.

So sorry to hear that your marriage is ending. Even when it's for the better, it isn't easy to go through. Is your wife still with M, and are you still seeing your other loves, T2 and FHC?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 12-12-2011, 04:39 PM

Welcome back stranger

Sorry to hear things didn't work out. I thought things were on an upward trajectory for you and your wife. You went from a horribly struggling mono partner to having 2 gf's and a wife. Almost urban myth status....but as cindie said do you still have the others or are there new people now?

The most important question on everyone's mind ( likely just me) is did you ever get the motorcycle? if so what kind ?

Tags
freedom, introduction to poly