Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 12:48 AM

I'm a little late to the original post. I"m new to the board and a bit new to being part of a poly community ... so take this for what it's worth:

I don't see why there *has* to be a sex/love relationship between your g/f and your husband. If they like each other well enough, then I would say don't look for trouble that isn't there. My guy and I were together for nearly 2 years; I was friendly with his wife, but am not bi- and was not at all interested in a sexual/love relationship with her. Nor was my guy interested in a relationship with my husband. We were friendly socializing together, but that was about it.

I don't think "in light of Poly" has anything to do about it ... since I've never read or heard anywhere that poly means everyone has to have the same relationship with everyone else. There are so many possible variations of what a relationship (or connection of relationships) could be that I don't think you can make any definitive statements about it "in light of Poly".
Old 12-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Banned

Smile thanks again!

I think my gf wants to get closer to my husband partly because of me (wanting to hold on to what we've got) but also becuase she charishes her friendship with him and wants that to grow too. I know my hsband loves her, he has said so (her mind and spirt), but yes I don't think he is as attracted to her as I am (though we have had numourse 3somes, but you know how some men are about sex they take what they can get... some of them {him included to a degree}) ummm... I know he loves me more (right word?) than her or atleast differtnly and i am now comming to except all this. Thank you all for your help.