Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Official Greeter

LOL, "how u day" ... I gotta use that one somewhere.

Perhaps the second guy will treat you like a queen by addressing you as "Your Highness" in all future (long-distance) messages?

"I just to play a saxophon ..."

A saxophon! Get together with that guy ASAP.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:24 PM

Another winner:

Quote:
Might you consider me? If so, I am interested. Regards, X
Since he could spell and use grammar, I checked his profile, and then wrote:

Quote:
Hi X, thank you for your interest. You are looking for a straight single woman who lives near you. I am pansexual, polyamorous and live with my gf in an open relationship 100 miles away from you. Is that a problem?
and he responds with:

Quote:
Not a problem at all.
That's it. No further chat or flirting or any getting to know you stuff. The hell? lol
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

A standing prick hath no conscience. --Bill Shakespeare

me: Mags, female, pansexual, 60, poly-dating, and loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, poly, 38
Old 07-29-2014, 05:42 PM
Official Greeter

LOL. "No problem at all!" Riiiight ...
Old 08-15-2014, 12:58 AM

Well, I have ended my hiatus from OKC and already regret it. Here are today's gems:

Can you use a manservant

Nice pics & profile How are you doing ?

[This clever fellow lives 3,000 miles away from me and is a 40% match. The manservant at least lives nearby!]

And finally, very long yet clearly generic message not based on my profile at all, from a gentleman 15 years older than the upper limit on my age range:

I really enjoyed your profile and your cute photo. --- is such a cool place too. I may not be the guy you dreamed of when you signed on to OKStupid, but you are exactly the gal I was hoping to find. Perhaps you can slide out of your comfort zone and kick my tires, I would be thrilled to embark on that adventure and friendship with you.

I pretty much spell the rest out in my profile. I spend every weekend by myself at my place in --. Currently I work M-F in --. I like to sail and ride my motorcycle. How are you on the back of a bike???

Did you know that according to renown cognitive relationship psychologist and professor emeritus from South Park Junior College, Dr. John Jacob Jinglehiemershmit the OKQ relationship quiz is the benchmark for finding qualified suitors on line. In fact, he wrote that a score of 82 on the OK Q Quiz is certain to guarantee a blissful relationship! Seriously - look it up but you can take my word for it. Also did you know that we scored a remarkable 83% on that highly scientific survey?!?! LOL Seriously though, I was amazed to see how simpatico we are.

Please indulge me and drop a line back. I'm fun, sharp, energetic, sexually insatiable and OK looking too if I may say. When you contact me I will share some photos.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:05 AM
Official Greeter

Re:
Quote:
"Can you use a manservant?"
LOL ... sure. I could use a manservant myself. Send him my way. I'll have him massage my feet while I type.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:01 PM

"Hey"

No information on the profile.

Honestly, I don't get many messages, but I do get plenty of likes from poly couples or couples looking for a HBB unicorn, which makes me feel sick. It's not a menu, folks. I just wish people would actually read my profile, and maybe not be naked in their profile pics.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:50 PM
Official Greeter

When I was on OKC, they were really strict about profile pics being head shots only and no nudity. But I guess one can break the rules as long as one doesn't get caught?
Old 08-16-2014, 01:49 PM

Well this thread caused me to go back and update my OKC profile and look around. I had not been on there since 2012! I didn't even realize it had been that long! I updated photos - which was nice since that last time I was on there I have now lost 30 pounds. Yay me! I am not really actively aggressively searching - as I am just in the very beginning of a new relationship, but I admit I was curious and I had pretty much forgotten I had an account there.

Last edited by bluemerle; 08-16-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:59 PM

I've stopped getting messages on OKC since I shut down one guy who insisted that the fact I write erotic romance stories (which help pay my bills...) must mean that I"m sexually adventurous and insatiable.

Um... not so much. This is why online dating sucks sometimes.

But I've since met someone on AFF with whom a relationship seems to be forming, so it's all good.
Guy: ex-boyfriend, occasional confidant
Old 08-16-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC43 View Post
I've stopped getting messages on OKC since I shut down one guy who insisted that the fact I write erotic romance stories (which help pay my bills...) must mean that I"m sexually adventurous and insatiable.

Um... not so much. This is why online dating sucks sometimes.

But I've since met someone on AFF with whom a relationship seems to be forming, so it's all good.
I will probably stop too, but it was fun to revisit. If only there were some messages that were genuine. "Hey baby, got a webcam?"

I have not been to AFF but am on Fetlife - but for social events in the area.

Tags
communication, dating etiquette, dating service, introductions, meeting people, online dating, pick-up lines