Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-17-2014, 04:45 PM

I rarely get the nasty comments so many women do but got a doozy today! From OKC.

Entitled:
Quote:
'Hi, how are you?'
[His profile is completely empty and he has answered no questions. 0% match. I don't respond.]

Entitled:
Quote:
'REALLY???? LOL'
[a few minutes after I look at his profile]

Entitled:
Quote:
'just as well....my bed has a two ton weight limit....you would break it lard ass :-)'
Normally I would just block the asshole but I decided to try and make a teachable moment. And, no, I do not expect this to work.

Me:
Quote:
'Being cruel to others won't make you feel better about yourself. Might feel good in the moment but ultimately just highlights your lack of self-worth.

I didn't respond because you have nothing in your profile. Nothing to tell me anything about you. You've answered no questions. Your message was generic. I don't respond to people who have blank profiles.

I don't owe you a response. No one does. If you can't handle that basic fact of life - that everyone gets rejected and that no one owes you anything - do not date online. Don't date at all until you get that sorted out.

Go learn if you dare. Here's a place to start: http://www.doctornerdlove.com/2012/0...-dating/all/1/. Sadly, I suspect you won't read it but I hope otherwise.'
I find the whole thing just so sad and just puzzling. Why try to hurt a stranger this way? (I am fat but I also like myself so the insult did not hurt me as he wanted.)

Last edited by opalescent; 06-17-2014 at 04:52 PM. Reason: readability
Old 06-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Official Greeter

He's entitled alright. [facepalm]
Old 06-18-2014, 11:14 AM

Ugh, opal, that is a doozy. Why do they contact you knowing you're plus size, only to mock you for it afterwards? Because some men never develop emotionally past middle school mentality.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 06-18-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Why do they contact you knowing you're plus size, only to mock you for it afterwards? Because some men never develop emotionally past middle school mentality.
Yeah, it's so typical. You're never "too fat" until you reject them. Has happened to me many times (in real life and online). I remember walking in Central Park once, and a guy said to me, "Hey baby, can I have your number?" I tossed off a quick, "No," as I walked on. He got all pissy and called out, "Yeah well, you got a fat ass anyway!" I turned around and yelled back, "Funny, it wasn't fat before I turned you down, schmuck!"

The world is full of idiots.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 06-18-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:29 AM

After months without messages, today I received one that is a first name (all lowercase) and a phone number. I can only be baffled that the guy thinks there is a chance I'll call him.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:24 AM

After not going to OKC for about a month, I finally check in. I had one sweet message from a 99% match, which was nice.

I also had 3 msgs from another guy...

--hello magdlyn i want to talk to you.

--Cunt

--Hey maglyn, anything else you want to know about me?

Blocked him!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 06-25-2014, 12:34 PM

Because "Cunt" is so intriguing in a bad-boy way, that of course you would want to follow up and see what THAT'S all about...

At least the answer to that last question was no, nothing more you need to know.
Xena: Poly. In relationships with Chops and Noa, and dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In relationships with Chops and Xena (individually).

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk
Old 06-27-2014, 11:33 PM

Quite frankly, these messages scare the crap out of me. These are all men who absolutely could commit violence against women.

The #YesAllWomen stuff really hit home for me...these nasty messages are no longer funny to me.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:09 AM
Official Greeter

Ax murderers are so entertaining from afar ...
Old 07-02-2014, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeraReed View Post
Quite frankly, these messages scare the crap out of me. These are all men who absolutely could commit violence against women.

The #YesAllWomen stuff really hit home for me...these nasty messages are no longer funny to me.
What is #YesAllWomen? Is that a pick-up artist phrase?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Tags
communication, online dating