Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm View Post
Has anyone else read through the "nice guys" of okcupid Tumblr?

No doubt every one of the guys featured honestly wonders why women (or, as some of them seem to prefer "those bitches") aren't throwing themselves at him in droves.
LOL, miss pixi and I looked at that together. So funny.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 12-30-2012, 11:09 PM

got one from a 24-year old today who says he's very shy (no pics on his profile), likes older women, and would I be so kind to be the one he can lose his virginity with?

I also got one that said 'Hello, I'm [name]' and nothing else.

and this one
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii most sexy and most beauttifull woman l have ever seen

I've been getting messages form guys who I suspect are cheating - they talk about wanting to have an open relationship, but no pic or a pic where they are unrecognizable. So when they approach me its the first thing I ask... and then comes the cliche story 'I love my wife so much but she would never understand this so I just decided not to tell her' blah blah blah.
3 times the last couple of weeks. I have now added a line in my profile that says don't message me if you have a partner who doesn't know you're looking to date. We'll see if that helps.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:21 PM

Got this one this morning:

Quote:
Your profile has really captured my attention and I want to get to know you if you don't mind. I believe myself to be a friendly, easy going and very generous Man.I am not afraid to show my open affection or thoughts, wherever & whenever! - open minded, spontaneous, - live, love & laugh.. I would dearly love to have a woman who enjoys hugs & kisses, touches, but also wants to give them back in return & not always behind closed doors - romance and affection are essential.. I am looking for a woman who possesses similar qualities, interests, needs & desires. You have to be respectful, totally honest & trustworthy. I certainly don't like mind games, pretentiousness, control, deceitfulness, or have no time for those who just want a one night stand or fling. I will be glad if we get to know each other and become friends and see how it evolves. You can reach me by yahoo messenger or email at (e...@yahoo.com) and I will surely reply. Also you can add me to your yahoo messenger and let's meet online for a chat too.

Have a good evening and hope to read from you soon.
First of all, he says "good evening," and I got the message at 6:31AM. Dead giveaway it's spam. 2nd, he's in NJ, hundreds of miles away. 3rd and most egregious, his message is repeated almost word for word as the first paragraph of his profile! For the love of Mike, dude.

And another winner:

"Hi."
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Master, 32
Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 AM

Tonight I found:
".... ummmm ... reaching out after running across your profile .... let me hear back about exploring more ... Steve "
Oh, yeah, you gave me lots to want to "explore." Dolt.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 01-02-2013, 11:49 AM

Today:

"Love the pics. Your tits look great in the corset shot. Just wanted to say a quick hi."... from a profile with virtually no info (He is 51, lives in my town, never does drugs, and speaks English).

This was from earlier this week... I still don't know what it means. I'm hoping English is his second/third language.

"HI. You have an alluring way about you. Thats the essence of authenticing and an enticing lure to me. I have always had an interest in polyamory and having found the inevitable inconsistency in pairings would like to explore more and you certainly present something. I'd like to know and experience more of you.

I am hopeful you can find a spit in your schedule to accomodate a meeting. "

I have a photo of myself in a corset. Apparently that is a great way to attract men who don't know what to say.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:01 PM

Got this from a guy with no profile filled out, no pic.

"Mary, is that you?"

Master, 32
Old 01-02-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairegoad View Post
I have a photo of myself in a corset. Apparently that is a great way to attract men who don't know what to say.
I have a photo of my 'cougar' socks on a social media site I use. Apparently that attracts really young men who are foot and sock enthusists. I had to laugh.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post

"Mary, is that you?"
Oh wow, that's funny!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post

"Mary, is that you?"
As a fiction writer, I feel like I want to write a story about who this guy is and what this means. It's so weird!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeraReed View Post
As a fiction writer, I feel like I want to write a story about who this guy is and what this means. It's so weird!
He's obviously a time-traveler from another planet whose only connection to the rest of the living world is to constantly see to find Mary through her different incarnations, through time and space.

Put yourself in his shoes, he must be very lonely other than that.

Tags
communication, online dating